Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cold Spell Causing Pain

I'm just curious how many people out in Spineyland are hurting more this week with the huge cool down that's arrived from the North? I was pretty sore two days ago when the barometer was tanking and still have some discomfort above my normal pain level. Plus I'm getting a third round of Facet Joint Injections tomorrow morning so hopefully, things will be under control again soon.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Everytime the weather changes my bones hurt!
  • Yep! My joints are better than weathermen at predicting changes. Ugh!!

Remember to take something to ice on the way home & try to avoid a flare from the shots. Best of luck!
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • airborne-ranger72aairborne-ranger72 Posts: 12
    edited 11/14/2014 - 3:42 AM
    I have finally conceded to this affect. Not that I accept it and do nothing about it; but rather I agree that the weather truly affects our pain levels. For the past three days I have felt reticent and retiring, along with a marked increase in my usual throbbing/aching pain. Close to being depressed as well.

My current residence is in middle Tennessee. Next winter I may change that to Belize or Puerto Rico (I wish). I can't imagine surviving winter in New England, the upper Midwest or in Canada like so many others on this list do.

Maybe the bears know more than humans. Winter months are the time to hibernate.
    Jim Bryant
  • It's so sad winter is hitting so soon. Last season was horrible and seemed to never end. Even my son said he doesn't want it to snow. Keeping the meds handy.

• I have osteoarthritis in many of my joints. I can see the changes very clearly in my fingers. When the weather starts to change my normally pretty loose rings won't fit past my joints! I know if that degree of inflammation is in my fingers it's happening everywhere. I hate cold weather! Stay as warm & snug as you can. I agree with the bears. I'd love to hibernate the winter away. ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • I live in the PNW and wow it has been cold lately clear but very cold and my back pain has definitely turned up a few notches.
  • It's very cold today and I feel like I lose mobility in my dropped foot. Is this normal?
  • Hard to say if it's "normal" with spine issues. Have you told your doc about your dropped foot? I will say from personal experience that my mobility decreases when it's super cold outside. That could be from all the layers of clothes though! Ever since I had my fusion, shivering is extremely painful. I wrap up as much as possible to keep from shivering.
  • Betty65BBetty65 FloridaPosts: 83
    edited 11/19/2014 - 6:06 AM
    It's kinda funny (but not really) that when a cold front comes through Florida I get allergies. This causes intense sneezing, which hurts my back! My good friends these days are Benadryl and my heating pad! :-)
  • Before my surgery sneezing was excruciating! That and deep coughing. Thankfully, my procedure did take care of that little issue!