Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Amitriptyline 50 mg

MikethepikeMMikethepike Posts: 243
edited 11/16/2014 - 4:22 AM in Pain Medications
I took it we'd. And took a knap My son woke me up 2 hours later and I was out of it. They said I wanted to call my dead godmother, and I didn't know where I was at. 2 hrs more and I was a little more normal but I had no nerve pain at all in my arms and legs.

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    My doctor instructed me to take it at night so it will help me sleep. As I recall, I was very groggy for about a week or two. He had me up to taking 2 pills every night. I am now back down to one pill because I can't deal with the side effects. I go back to my pain doctor this coming up Monday. I'm going to see what else he can have me try. I've also tried Gabatine(?) & that didn't help my nerve pain. I would suggest to you to take your pills before you go to bed. Maybe that will help?
  • I'm taking a low dose of 25mg at night. My surgeon hopes it will help me sleep & take care of my residual nerve pain.

Here's hoping for a good nights sleep. I haven't slept all night since Jan & that was only as I was highly medicated after a discectomy! I could quite happily cope with waking up only once or twice.

Microdiscectomy L5S1 January 2014
    Microdiscectomy L5S1 March 2014
    Fusion L5S1 11th August 2014
  • hoggsterhhoggster ScotlandPosts: 54
    Hi I couldnt sleep doc put me on as im waiting to see neurosurgeon for large prolapse l5s1this is daily I would speak to your doc about versatis patches

20mg amitritylene morning
    3x400mg ibrufen
    8x30/500co codamol
    3x versatis patches cut in half so I get 24 hrs cover as you only get 12hrs per patch and move up down leg each replacement
    50mg amitriptylene night
    I struggled with the patches and without but they help and they have no side effects and no dependency as it id lidocaine the same as dentist jag .
    doc had me on gabapentin and morphine diazapam sleeping tablets and I nearly had a divorce due to side effects I was horrible person my wife said I cant remember anything hope this helps as I went along time without sleep and theres nothing worse especially when your trying to recover .
    good luck