Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie-Mild spinal stenosis

MSA3MMSA3 Posts: 3
edited 11/18/2014 - 9:05 PM in New Member Introductions
Hello All,
I am a newbie. I am a 45 yo female whose has had L4-S1 disk issues in my 20's. The disk was on my sciatic nerve but with PT it got better.

Recently, I started having back, buttock, right hip (shocking sensation) pain. My PCP sent me to PT and the day after the 2nd session I went to exercise on my elliptical and I put one foot on and literally my midsection/pelvic/lower back area froze and I felt excruciating pain. I managed to get off of the elliptical but could not find comfort from sitting, sleeping, nor standing. I ended up sleeping on my sofa for weeks. My doctor sent me for a no contract mri of the lower lumbar spine. It showed mild central spinal stenosis at L4-L5 & L5-S1 (a disk protrusion at L5-S1), due to ligament thickening. It also showed some degenerative disk issues but it said no nerves were involved.

I actually couldn't believe that nerves were not an issue with the shocking like pain in the hip and because of that one episode. And if it is mild spinal stenosis, I am wondering could the pain really be from that. I am hoping that it doesn't get any worse. I was afraid to return to PT and not comfortable with injections. However I have been having uncontrollable gas and I am wondering if it could be related or is it just a digestive issue. I am having social issues due to this issue and dealing with this and the weird back issues is getting to me. I am find at times....can exercise for 2 hours without any issues but if I stand to wash cook for a length of time or if I sit extensively or go days without exercising my back hurts. It is so frustrating!!!