Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

fusion L4 L5

bikeguybbikeguy Posts: 1
Just wanted to share my recent experience please bare with English sentences and other.
Ithas been three years since my back has been acting lower back constant pain that has shifted to my right leg that fell in to the category of sciatica .Went to a chiropractor with a promise of relief BUT there is no guarantee and no relief either some physical therapy didn’t help at all until I was told to get an MRI .That show’s that L4 vertebra shifted and more degenerative disks. Bottom line do not waist time going to chiropractor or to acupuncture.
well what to do next I have my daughter getting married and I can barley drive that sitting position was very painful .So next thing is an epidural shot well that actually was a miracle no pain within next day wedding was great and I had a relief for 3 months I was happy. The pain started coming back and become untranble so let’s get anther shot same location L4_L5
my doctor was not available so another one did the procedure this time the pain didn’t go away immediately I got some relief after 5 days after inquiry about what kind of medicine was used I found that some other cocktail was used not what was used the first time WHY??? so now its 3 weeks past and my leg pain sciatica is back in full blown .the pain center told me to come back immediately the original doctor will do the procedure with the old cocktail medication and also he will inject it by lateral means left and right side of the vertebrae .I thought epidural you can only take every 4-6 months but my pain center said no!! We can inject very close and it will not hurt your back bones. I need relief so I go back to get anther shot I felt better within a day but the pain was coming back within 3 weeks now my second child is getting married and I barley function and the pain center just say come back we will do another shot meantime my health insurance changed and I am getting $1100.00 bill as part of my deductible so now I am not in a hurry to get more shots I will live with the pain.So it goes that a month later I suffered heart attack that’s procedure covered all my deductibles and the pain center told me that any injection will be at no cost wow what a bargin….. its September now and my son's wedding is in October well the pain was too much so lets get another injection it helped very little I survived that wedding and decided to get an operation on my lower back. went to three different hospitals three different doctors with same mri I had them all recorded on my phone all three diagnostics where the same I have spondllistosys and they are surgeons so they recommended surgery each one explained it to me in plain words that I can try any remedy until I feel that nothing will do then I can come back. And they where right.. I read every blog and all spine and health forums I can but still I was extremely nerves doing that surgery success is 85-90 percent versus hips or knee’s are about 95 percent success what shall I do??? by know my symptoms has changed hardily any back leg pain hardly any sciatica pain but left leg goes numb within two minutes of walking or standing by the kitchen sink or brushing my teeth and my calf muscle tighten up and the pain is accscrutiating also my right leg is going numb . work was almost impossible unless I sit every few minutes .So I went back go back to one of the surgeons’ told him what is going on know now and he assured me that as long as I do not loose strength in my leg muscles and my toes this is all from my nerves and he positive about the outcome
Well day one after surgery Fusing L4 L5 and the pain is only bearable with narcotices laying in bed peeing in a bottle and injecting narcotics. Second day the Doc entourage came in looked talked for a minute I am still in ICU they needed to monitor my heart since I stopped one of my medicine the Plavix .The third day came and the Doc and his entourage walked in just for a look but he ripped my ban aid and I screamed to him it all looked great and they moved me to another floor for Telemetric again my heart.
They stopped the pain medicine thru my IV and now iam on
Oxycondone not bad its manageable.Now we are talking about releasing me tomorrow to a rehab center I didn’t know rehab is just a nursing home and I would rather suffer at home then going there .one advise no one told me is HAVE A GOOD ADJUSTABLE BED.I have a great waterbed but no way …
I had a hospital bed brought over all is good .
Day five six seven are same the pain medicine does the job iam up and down bed steps even stepped outside for a minute constipation is a big thing so every day take one dulcolax don’t wait until you are ready to explode.
So far no more this numbness or sciatica pain at all.
Shower with help and Benadryl ease up with some of the itchiness that comes with the healing all looks great the incision pain is less and less
Tomorrow the staples are coming out hope for the best.