Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

chrisnikcchrisnik Posts: 1
edited 11/19/2014 - 11:50 AM in Lower Back Pain
I was hoping to find other people who have some knowledge about whiplash. My Orthopedic doesn't seem to care much about my pain. I was rear ended by a mack truck about 6 months ago. No "serious" injury. However, I am in PT right now for back and neck pain. It has been extremely helpful. I am not at all 100% pain free, but I am feeling better. The problem with my orthopedic is the first thing he asked me was if there was a law suit. What does it matter? I don't give a crap about a law suit, I want my life back. I have a follow up appointment with him tomorrow.

Since I am going back to him tomorrow, I was hoping to get a idea if this is normal. If this is even connected to my whiplash. But over the past couple months (to be completely honest, I couldn't even tell you when this started) I am have a hard time holding my urine and bowel movements. When I have to go, I HAVE TO GO. Now, I do not have full blown accidents, lets say leakage. Is this a normal thing with a back injury? I also noticed it seems to be worse on days that I am in a lot of pain. Is this connected to my back injury? Has anyone heard of this before?

Thank you for listen/reading. I do not want to bring this to my doctors attention unless I know they could be connected since he is more concerned about a stupid law suit.

I dont think the doctor is that hung up law suit.. But with today's insurance companies and lawyers so quick to go after doctors and the amount of malpractice insurance they have to pay, its no wonder they are a bit gun shy.
Unfortunately, today we live in a law suit happy environment. You dont like the color that someone is wearing SUE them, you dont like the size of their house, SUE them. These are exaggerations, but really not all that far away.

Curtail lawyers trying to go sue happy on patient situations and I am sure you will see different approaches by many doctors

• Please tell your doctor! Always tell your doctor about that sort of problem, ALWAYS!

Is your lower back damaged?

There are lots of board certified spine surgeons out there. If you're not happy with your care after tomorrow I'd consider a second opinion. It can't hurt. What diagnostic tests have you had so far?

I'm so sorry. I hope your PT continues to help. Living with pain day after day is horrible.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.