Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sacrum Pain after ACDF

Linda GLLinda G Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Has anyone ever heard of the pain at the very lower almost buttocks portion of your back after ACDF. I had my 3 level fusion 3 months ago. 4-7. I have recently started having lower back pain and i got a massage and the therapist was telling me that this is quite common, that it mimics the fused portion in your neck. Just wondering, does anyone know if that's true? And will it go away with time? or is this something else that needs to be treated because i can't take one more thing that needs to be treated. Thank you....enough is enough

• Sorry Linda, I haven't heard of this one. but have you been sitting a lot more since your fusion? I would suggest that you do a lot of stretching and walking. Ask your doctor about it at your next follow up appoiontment. Hopefully it will just go away.

I haven't seen you on the boards before. Welcome to spine-health.com, a world where we all try to support and uplift one another. How is your neck doing after the fusion?

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Yea, this whole neck thing is a pain in the BUTT!

Just kidding LOL

I tend to agree with Cindy. We do sit around more and tend to hold our bodies in unusual positions to be more comfortable. You should see what I have to go through to read a book! While I haven't heard this complaint from a lot of cervical patients it doesn't suprise me at all. It is important for you to walk as much as you can, both for your healing process and for you general health because of the level of inactivity we tend to have post op. You may also try change up the places that you sit during the day- I've worn my poor couch down this year and am going to have to get a new one when this is all over!

Let us know how you're doing,

• Cindy...Yes, I was here before but somehow couldn't use my same screen name with the new board. I was MsTori in honor of my dog that just passed away when i got my dx. Now I'm using my name Linda G.

This fusion doesn't seem to be doing as well as I thought. The OS released me at 10 weeks saying I was 85-90 fused. Since I'm only 3 months post op and am still having pain in my neck,shoulders and down my arm i saw my PCP today and she is going to send me for some PT which my OS did not suggest. Hopefully this will help. The nuerosurgeon did tell me the surgery was more to stop the progress of the melopathy but i'm hoping with time and some PT maybe it will make it better. It's pretty bad. Have you done PT. If so has it helped?
This discussion has been closed.