Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had biladirual lamenectomy l3/l4 24 hours ago worked GREAT

Hey all just home from hospital had surgery yesterday, bilateral lamenectomy l3/l4 ..... I feel great, minimal pain in my leg, hips and buttocks now, only having minimum muscle spasms, they have me on gabapentin, Vicodin, tizanidine so I really can't feel the spasm too bad. Surgery was suppose to be only 1.5 hr but took 2.5 MRI showed was herniated disc but when neuro got in there it was exploded with fragment, so extra time for clean out, neuro said can't believe i never lost control of bowels, said need to be careful go slow and pace my gradual progress daily and dont go fast or rush recovery, let heal up because if it doesn't heal I'll need fusion, but I feel soooo much better right now, Im letting everyone know I was stressed and worried about doing it I mean I felt like leaving the hospital before they came to get me for pre op prep, in prep they put my iv in and the anastesiogis came in and said she had something for me and not to worry, she gave me a shot in the iv and all I remember is as we rolled into the surgery room I was talking to nurse Jackie about thanksgiving and the next thing I know I'm waking up in the recovery room. The pain in the legs was so much better, my back still aches and is stiff and also now sore from the incision area, and my legs spasm and feel kinda weak but at this time is so doable woohoo, if anyone is having this done and is worried, DON'T BE .".......I hope everyone has the best of luck and remember God BLess
DDD
Spinal stenosis with neurogenic clauducation
3 level retrolisthesis
Bilateral Laminectomy/Discectomy surgery l3/l4 on 11-21-14 (failed)
L3/l4 spinal Fusion 03-20-15
advertisement

Comments