Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Middle back pain+spasms+whiplash

SarahoSSaraho Posts: 1
edited 11/23/2014 - 9:29 AM in Chronic Pain
Firstly, apologies for this long story, I'm just hoping someone can help me.

About 18 years ago, I had a car crash. I was stationary and someone hit me from behind at 40mph.

After that I had a lot of different pain in different areas in my back and I saw chiropractors, osteopaths and physios.

About 7 years ago I went to another Physio who looked at me properly and said that although my back hurt, it was actually my neck causing the problem. She did various manipulations and when I left my neck felt so loose I thought my head was going to fall off my shoulders. All good!

But my problems haven't gone away.

1. Randomly I'll wake up in the morning and I can't turn my head due to severe stiffness in my neck
2. I have an almost permanent niggle on my left side of my back about half way down. The pain isn't too bad but then once or twice a year, BANG. This is what happened the last time:

I was cleaning the bathroom (stood in the bath) and my niggly back was feeling worse than usual but I just thought I was being silly. I reached up to wipe the tiles with my left arm and it felt like someone had stabbed me in the middle of my back. Every time I moved my arms or legs (particularly on my left side) the spasms started. The spasms that make you grit your teeth and moan like someone in labour! A week later, I'm almost better: I had naproxen and used a tens machine.

No one seems to want to help me. People just dismiss it as 'one of those things' and that because it's muscular there's nothing that can be done.

How do they know it's muscular though?

Thank you for your time