Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help! Lower Bain pain for almost 2 years

LrandallLLrandall Posts: 1
edited 11/25/2014 - 11:31 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi! So I'm a dancer and March of 2012 I did a dance that involved a lot of quick back movements. After the dance I was a little sore and said it would go away after a while. Well, it went away except for this one spot in my lower back. I cannot lay on the floor or bed sometimes without putting a pillow under my legs. As a matter of fact the doctor I just saw gave me some spinal stretches to do on the floor and I couldn't get up bc the more I moved the further the pain went down my right leg. I was given muscle relaxants and stretches and told to go easy with the backpack, but none of it helped. It also sounds as if my back is grinding whenever I bend over to stretch. I can feel the tightness in my back after standing or sitting for long periods. So I bend over to stretch my lower back and then it feel like grinding and something beside muscle is being stretched or pulled apart. I have to do this several times a day or the tightness gets painful. If I am in the wrong position standing or sitting, I'll get that pain down my leg that start in the upper right buttock, not so much on the left.

Have any of you experienced this before? Or have any advice?
Thank you!