Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Why do I need to crack my back, neck so many times

vkapsvvkaps Posts: 1
edited 11/27/2014 - 10:44 AM in Chronic Pain
I m having back and neck pain since last 10 years or so. I am able to do normal activity but the pain is always there. Also I need to crack my back and neck many many times a day. If I don't do that I feel a lot of tightness in my muscles and as soon as I pop the muscles I get some relief. I have shown to many doctors, have done x rays, been to physiotherapy and also tried out chiropactor. I don't know if anything is left. Apart from cracking the other thing which gives me relief is a particular yoga pose where I try to sit on floor with my knees bend. i think the pose is called Vajrasana or Diamond pose, but that is also for a very short time. Massage also helps but again for few hours and then its the same. I really don't know what is the problem but one thing is for sure that I have to crack my back and neck. Sometimes I don't even need to do twist my back as now I can even feel the crack by pulling back my shoulders. It is also a bit painful to stand for long but walking or running is not that much of a problem. Does anyone has any idea as to how I can get rid of this. My work requires me to sit in front of computer for long hours so I need to find a solution otherwise I will just keep on cracking my back and neck and I am not sure how heathy it is. Thanks for any tips to treat this.