Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Issues with myelopathy, post-op-vertigo and ptosis

Have read a few posts on vertigo following neck surgery. I am 8wks. post-op and am experiencing the same problem for the last 2 wks. Also wanted to know if anyone who had myelopathy has experienced droopy eyelids (ptosis). I noticed something was wrong with my eyes during the time all my symptoms were occurring (before surgery). My eyes felt tired 24/7, unlike strain, which you can usually blame on reading or something else. After my ACDF, I asked the NS about eye problems and he said he didn't think my eye problems were related. I found it a little too coincidental that this happened during the onset of all my other problems. Saw an opthamologist last week who said it was ptosois in both eyes and she did think it could be related to the myelopathy She said the sympathetic nerves that control the eyelid muscles is adjacent to the spine so myelopathy could affect them. I have been tested for Myasthenia Gravis and that was ruled out. If anyone has had similar problems would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.