Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain on right corner of middle back

I am a male 40 years old. I am feeling pain on right corner of my middle back for the last two months. I have gone through a number of tests.
• X-ray thoracic spine AP + lateral
• X-ray chest
• Ultrasound abdomen
• Urine R/E
• Creatinine serum
• Serum protein electrophoresis
• Serum total bilirubin
• Serum alkaline phosphatase
• MRI dorso-lumbar spine
All tests are normal except ALT is 106 and MRI says that there is disc protrusion at L4-5 level with associated bilateral moderate neural foraminal stenosis. My doctor (orthopedist) says that these are not related to my symptoms and this is just muscle spasm. I have been taking pregabalin 300 mg/day (150+150) for the last 3 weeks and occasionally take diclofenac sodium when the pain becomes unbearable. In addition, I had 4 physiotherapy sessions so far in addition to the exercises that I perform at home as per instructions of my doctor but none of these has improved anything so far. Now my position is that if I am laying down then the pain is mild and at all other times, it is moderate to severe. Is it just muscle spasm? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • unrelenting painuunrelenting pain Posts: 20
    edited 01/26/2015 - 12:45 PM
    Any new users with info on severe pain in thoracic 10-11 area and pain shooting to abdomen. This has been nonstop since midair fall on ice Dec 2013. Severe pain up to level 8-9 by middle of day EVERY day. Have tried pain injections, physical therapy, aqua therapy, chiro and pain meds. Any insight? Disc is herniated with schmorls node.
    Unrelenting pain