Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ReadyforchangeRReadyforchange Posts: 90
edited 11/30/2014 - 2:59 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everyone. I am struggling with neck,arm,shoulder pain and Headaches. About 12 years ago in my early 20's I had bulging cervical discs,DDD,and bone spurs.

I had an ablation and pain meds, lived at the chiro, and PT. I finally quit all treatments and quit working as a RN. I slowed my lifestyle. I am a homeschooling mom now and very fulfilled. But several times a year my back will go "out". I had a lumbar disc rupture with PT and steroid injections a few years ago after my 3. Year old was born.

I am almost 30 weeks pregnant and am struggling with neck going out and slipping. I have had a few days of unbearable depressing pain but most days if I just rest it is mild to moderate. I take 4 grams of Tylenol most days and occasionally T3 buty midwife hates giving to me.

I saw an ortho hoping he would give me shots or oral steroids and do an MRI. He wouldn't. He took a cervical X-ray that showed a straight military neck and arthritis/bone spurs. He said come back for therapy after the baby is born for therapy. I am suffering now! It is getting worse and the paid is debilitating and isolating some days.

Does anyone have any words of support or advice? Has anyone had a MRI during pregnancy? Breastfeeding and lack of sleep always makes me feel worse. NSAIDs are a category D during pregnancy and the narcotics just aren't given. I don't cry or beg. I am a quiet introspective person who is blessed beyond measure pain or no pain. I live like a 75 year old woman most days and I feel lazy and embarrassed because of my limitations.