Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just curious if anyone here has had problems returning to work after being on STD because of your employer being bitter with you for being out in the first place? I am intimidated to go back due to my environment at work becoming hostile due to slanderous remarks from my peers and my direct supervisor. If you have had this issue please let me know how you handled it. I am really struggling with this and need my spiney support. I love my spineys ( you too- spondys) :P

• am a stay at home Mom so I am afraid that I don't have any helpful tips.....but please try not to be intimidated , you have done NOTHING wrong and you have NOTHING to be ashamed of. I am sure that it wasn't your wish to have leave work on STD....so no need to do anything but hold your head high. The abuse that you have suffered at work is also unnacceptable , is there no one that you can lodge a complaint to? I realize that the supervisor is also guilty of the abuse , is there someone over him that you can speak with? No one should EVER be made to feel the way that you are feelign when they go to their job !!!! Have you ever thought about seeking employment elsewhere? Just a thought. Well what ever you decide to do , we are here for you....come vent to us whenever you need to and if I can ever help you with anything then please just let me know. Take care , Miki
  • Miki - Thank you. You made me feel so not alone. Yes - I am considering other employment. I am just upset because I should not have to. The first time I went out my supervisor wrote me up for bogus stuff because I did call HR. Yes I absolutely believe I was retaliated against and now here I am again. If it was just the point that I was bad employee I would accept it but I am not and my stores performance is proof of that. I am a retail manager. The first time I was only out four days and in that four days I went to the er and also accidentally cut the nerve in my hand by accident. It was a bad dishwasher experience and new steak knives. I have opted not to have surgery and live with nerve damage. Sorry rambling. So anyway in the course of 4 days they( my boss and managers from other stores) destroyed my store and I had to clean it up. Then the second time I was out I had my micro. Once again they destroyed my store and it took two months to clean it up. Now I am out a third time because I over did it. I asked for help but could not have anyone work with me because my labor budget could not support it. Okay now I am just going off. Sorry about that. The point is that I can not seem to find resolution to this. I also do not want to back down because this is a moral issue. I am wondering if I could take this a step further or even if I should.