Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

21 yr old. Degenerated torathic discs.

Torathicdiscs.TTorathicdiscs. Posts: 17
edited 12/02/2014 - 5:15 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hello. (Sorry for my language mistakes, i'm from Europe)

I'm 21 and i have an old man's back. All my torathic discs are degenerated (they are black in the mri), my lumbar spine is straight (loss of curve) and my cercival spine is also straight (and i have a slight artrhosis between c3 and c4).

I had to stop trainning boxing at the age of 18 because of a strong pain in my upper back that didn't go away (I was pretty good, willing to be a proffesional). I went to the doctor and, without making any tests, said I was fine.
I went to the doctor again a couple of years ago and he said I was perfect (he didn't do any tests). He said that my problem was posture and weak muscles, but my posture was pretty good and I am a very fitted guy (or at least was). But I followed his advice and went to physical therapy but it dind't worked. I tried swimming and it didn't worked. They yhought it wss psychological (the cause they use when they don't want to work to find something)

At the age of 20 my spine started to crack all the time (just a deep breath and all my vertebrae cracked), so I decided to get an MRI done despite my doctor's opinion. Ok surprise: I had degenerative disc disease, arthrosis and the stuff i've already said at the young age of 20.

The consequences have been awful. I've visited many doctors this year. Some tell me I'm fine because I'm young and strong, some tell me not to do anything. And I don't know what to do. I just feel like my spine is worsening. Before all this hapened I dind'nt know how useless was medicine in this cases, they can't help you till you are nearly disabled.

Ok, the conclussion is that my life has changed. I would not say that it is ruined (although somehow it is) but I would say that it has been changed. I'm not even the same person. I used to be an ambitious, cheerful guy. Now I have no proffessional ambition at all. I hate my degree, and I dont see myself sitting in a chair for eight hours doing some EDITED work just to make enough money to survive. I didnt have a problem with that when pain wasnt' there, but now, I don't see the point in working hard, when the prize is a painfaul leisure time in which I just can't do what I love.

Of course my goals make no sense now. My goals were, after finsishing my bussiness degree, studing engineering. But that make no sense, because, studing many hours just have me in pain, and pain makes my ambition to fade away; so, How the heck am I suposed to study a carrer that requires my back to get smashed? No sense. That goal is dead.

Am I depressed? Sometimes, I suppose. But life will never be the same, and I have to accept it. And the only way I am able to accept it is by changing my perspective. What do I mean? Since I'm very young, the condition has polenty of time to worse, so I will probably reach I time in which I will be in so much pain (much more than now), and more disabled, with plenty of limitations. Thats means that long term goals are a stupid thing to think about. I'd rather live a shorter life, because, I want to live, not to suffer life.

Don't get me wrong. What I mean is that I want to make my days count, because I see how this stuff is killing my happiness.

Now. My question is. How fast that it get woirse?

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • LC84LLC84 Posts: 599
    edited 12/02/2014 - 4:13 AM
    Everyone has some level of DDD. Did the Dr's say that yours is worse for your age? I had DDD starting at a very young age. Mine was severe for my age and I had a disc herniation that required surgery at age 17. I had to modify the things I did, but I was still able to live a happy life. Were any of the Dr's you saw spine surgeons? Have you tried any medications or treatments besides Physical Therapy? Is your pain just in your upper spine or does it affect any other part of your body like your arm, hand etc? Does the pain ever go away or is it constant? You need to find a Dr that will take your pain seriously. If your last MRI was a year ago and your symptoms have worsened, you may be due for a new one. Sometimes we have to modify the things we do when we have back problems, but don't give up. I wouldn't look too far ahead. Focus on finishing the degree you're going for now or change it if you're unhappy with it, then see how you are at that point. There is a lot that you can do with a business degree, it doesn't mean that you'll be sitting at a desk all day. Don't give up on trying to find a Dr that will offer treatment options. Have you seen a Pain Management Dr? There are options out there to make you more comfortable. For now you can try Over the counter pain meds and ointments or creams. PT can take a long time before you start seeing improvements. Try to stay in shape without overdoing it. I know things are hard right now, but once you find the right Dr that's willing to offer you treatment options, things will get better. Don't give up, your goals aren't pointless.

No one can answer your question about things getting worse. Everyone is different. Honestly in many cases, DDD symptoms can improve with time. It sounds strange but it's true. Osteoarthritis can progress, but do some research because there are ways you can treat and slow the process.

I hope you get some relief.
    Progressive DDD
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014
  • Torathicdiscs.TTorathicdiscs. Posts: 17
    edited 12/08/2014 - 10:04 AM
    Some doctors (most part of them) tell me not to do anything but swimming (which is imposible for me now, due to an injured shoulder) and there are some that tell me that I can do slight sports.
    I went to a very famous clinic in Barcelona (xxx of Rheumathology) and a Rheumatologist told me that I can run, jump and other stuff. I was happy at that point (three months ago). Then I started doing exercises but my back is just cracking all the time, its like the stability isn't there and the vertebrae are adjusting all the time. I don't know. And sometimes the pain arrives to the triceps.
    I used to be a very sporty guy, a very strong one. Now I ca't do sport because it's like I get injured easily.

I've tried anti inflammatory drugs, but they dont help very much. And i'm taking some condroitin medicine.

The pain is constant, slight the most part of the time, only stiffness, tension and little pinchy pains. But sometimes I get sharp pains and the stiffness is too unconfortable to do any intelectual activity that requires concentration. And sometimes my neck pain affects my head and my head starts to ache also.

My discs are completely black, there is no white in the mri. So they are more degenerated than normal.

Some doctors tell me that it doesnt mean that it will get worse, but I've noiced bad changes, so I don't see the point of planing a lomng term life, when long term is a sentence.

I was just wondering if there is some information of which is the "Normal" degeneration time.

Thank yo
  • JohnnyToledoJJohnnyToledo Posts: 36
    edited 12/02/2014 - 2:20 PM
    Dude, I'm in the same boat as you, except that the pain also affects basically my whole body. Im 28, and i used to weight lift everyday. I LIVED for it. Now, life is different. Im in engineering school as well, and I feel much like you do much of the time. But, I've discovered that I was one very egotistical. Yes, this sucks - but I am actually a nicer person since this has happened. Try and see some good out of it.

Now, to what you want to hear. Take it easy. DO NOT push yourself. Do physical therapy, take ibuprofen as needed, and relax often. But study hard. I bought a hospital bed that reclines when it hurts so bad I cant sit, but i still have to study. Also, get a really comfy chair that you can study in that reclines slightly. The pain from DDD i hear can get better with time. Keep me posted.
    John Calderaio
  • Okey, I have a strong opinion about life's value. You know, for me, life "per se" doesn't have value, it's the stuff you do in your life that make it worth it. So, if, at some point I won't be able to do the things that I love, life won't have value. This is my perspective. So, in that persepective, I have to do the stuff I love now, and, somehow, "sacrifice" my future, cause, given the circunstances, I will be in an awful pain in my future. It's not about giving thing up, it's about accepting what's coming.
    I understand that for some people (most of them religious people) what I'm saying is an atrocity, but, I think it's pretty reasonable.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,863
    is one of the most common spinal aliments.

Once you start doing some research you will be amazed just as to the percentage of people walking around today have it and when it all started.

The best news is that DDD is manageable. Through approved exercise programs and OTC NSAIDS most cases of DDD is controllable and the patient can continue living just about a normal life.

There are some situations, either genetic and/or trauma that can bring this on faster and accelerate it at a very rapid pace.
    That is something you and your doctor can only identify.

Its not so much about the black/white on the mri., there are many other factors when images are reviewed and evaluated.
    Unfortunately, there is no one on Spine-Health who is medically qualified to perform such actions.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Yeah, manageable.... I've read tons of stories of people getting their lifes destroyed by DDD, and in the torathic area is the worst place possible, because there are not real solutions but fusions and stuff that make your life miserable. For me it's difficult (or even impossible) to stay positive thinking about the future.
  • I don't mean this in a mean way but if you don't change your attitude about life, and about how you choose to live with DDD, then you will be creating a self fulfilling prophecy.
    There are millions of people who deal with chronic medical conditions, of various degrees of seriousness across the world......but they treat the symptoms, adjust their activities and continue to live......there is a huge difference in choosing to live life as best you can, still persuing your goals and dreams, and existing.....
    There is more to life than a medical condition, and you are really young to be dealing with this, but there are millions of others, some who don't even know they have a problem, who live with this condition every day.....if you choose to allow it to take over your life, then you are shortchanging yourself, and everyone around you........or you can choose to find ways to manage it and change the way you do things when you need to but get on with living and enjoying the life you have been given.
    So many people here, thousands have gone through many more serious spinal conditions than Degenerative Disc Disease. One way that they get through it all is by maintaining a positive outlook and attitude on the situation and life in general.

I have seen way too many people, in person or here online that have put themselves in a rut. All they looked at was the bad side of everything. They were rob, they were shortchanged, etc. Some of that may be so. But its all in our power to do something about it.

I know for myself, I would much rather look at the light than at the dark.

You are young, give yourself the chance, the opportunity to enjoy life and do whatever you can. That is in your hands.
  • I see the point of being irrationally positive, it's probable the best way to (don't) face reality. Dodging the truth with positivity is probably the smarter thing to do. I've tried that one. But, for some reaso, I find myslef unable to mantain that attitudre when, at 21 yr old, my physical state is worse than most of 40-50 people of my environment. It's hard to work hard when you don't love what you do and you don't believe in a painless future. You know, working hard in a subject I'm not passioned about, just to be able to work long hours and get money to what? Being able to pay the bills while my pain is getting worse?
    I know I am not being smart. Call me mental if you want, but I don't see the point in making efforts just to live suffering.
    I started with back problems when I was 15. I had my first of numerous spinal surgeries at 28.
    At that point, I heard many of the things you have been told, the restrictions, the limitations and more plus what my future held.

By the time I was 30, my spine was in an uproar (partially because of genetics, partially because of surgery and a lot to do with what I failed to do.

I was out of work for almost 9 months straight, back to work, then out for another 3 months., etc. I knew from a very early age what it meant to live in daily pain.

But I do move on, I did make it work. Here I am 64 years old. I've had 7 spinal surgeries, 4 complete joint replacements with implants, but I am still moving on. I havent given up, I wont give up.

People become passionate because they allow themselves to do so.It doesnt happen by itself.

Just trying to help, if you feel, I am wasting your time, please tell me
  • I'm probably wasting yours.

Someway I would like to be like you, with that capacity to live in pain. It's just I find myself unable to do so.
    Dont need to answer, just think that someday you will learn to live with all of this ans still enjoy life the best you can
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 12/10/2014 - 8:22 AM
    Torathicdiscs. said:
    I see the point of being irrationally positive, it's probable the best way to (don't) face reality. Dodging the truth with positivity is probably the smarter thing to do. I've tried that one. But, for some reaso, I find myslef unable to mantain that attitudre when, at 21 yr old, my physical state is worse than most of 40-50 people of my environment. It's hard to work hard when you don't love what you do and you don't believe in a painless future. You know, working hard in a subject I'm not passioned about, just to be able to work long hours and get money to what? Being able to pay the bills while my pain is getting worse?
    I know I am not being smart. Call me mental if you want, but I don't see the point in making efforts just to live suffering.
    Feeling sorry for yourself for a little while is one thing, but choosing to wallow in your own misery is another.
    I would strongly encourage you first to talk to your doctor's about first, DDD in general, then specifically just how significant your particular case is. A diagnosis of DDD can have very diverse outcomes for each person. While all of us will show some level of DDD if we are over the age of 18 or so, the actual severity of the effects are what determines prognosis. It can be a very, very mild case in someone 50, or moderate in someone much younger, to bone on bone with no disc space left.....so before you determine your life is over, you need to educate yourself on what DDD is, isn't, and just how it effects you in your body.
    If you take proactive measures, no matter what severity it may be now, you can manage it's effects later in your life.
  • Torathicdiscs.TTorathicdiscs. Posts: 17
    edited 12/10/2014 - 10:44 AM
    I've already talked with six doctors, and they say that I'm too young to have this condition. SOme tell me not to do anything and some tell me that I can do a lot of things. So, who's right? I don' know, but when I try to do some exercise I get injured and my torathic spine cracks (like two pieces of wood crashing) a lot more, and more pain and stiffness appear.
    When I sleep on my side I feel like my torathic middle vertebrae start to dislocate, then I take a deep breath and they all crack a lot (this could happen like ten times in five minutes).
    One of the doctors told me that this could be caused by weak ligaments but they just said this without any data on his hand, just for saying something. They just put the bill in my hand and don't give strong answers.
  • You may be misunderstanding the doctors comments regarding not doing anything.. He may have meant not do anything surgery wise , or injections wise., since your condition isn't all that severe, and you misunderstood him to mean that it is otherwise.
    As has been explained to you, DDD is a common finding on imaging, for the majority of the population, it is the severity of it, that matters and I think that you are jumping to conclusion here, about just how severe it is , or isn't in your case, and what it might mean for your future.
    I think that you need to revisit one of the doctors you saw, and bring a list of questions you have, and sit down with them, go over the images again, and ask them to clearly explain what DDD means for you. Better yet, bring someone with you,who can listen to the doctor, and possible hear things that you aren't hearing at the moment.
  • I would.request a new MRI to see if there are any changes from your last one. If all the Dr's are telling you that you don't need aggressive treatment, then most likely your DDD wasn't that bad on your previous MRI. Since your symptoms have changed, I would ask for a new one. If all you're dealing with is minor to moderate DDD it can get better on it's own with time if you're willing to be patient. If the new MRI shows something else, then there may be a way to treat it leaving you with little to no pain at all. You can't say that you'll be in this kind of pain the rest of your life. That's you telling yourself that, not the Dr's. Like I said before, I had spinal surgery when I was 17 and 3 months post op I felt pretty normal. I could go on doing normal things. I held a job that was physically demanding, and if you're not happy with your degree, then change it. Maybe take one semester off to get things sorted out with your neck. You need to see another Dr and explain in detail your symptoms and level of pain. Let them know that the pain is affecting your ability to concentrate in school etc. Keep a pain journal if that helps. Writing down your symptoms and what may or may not make them worse can help when communicating with the Dr. Added stress can actually worsen pain. So predicting a future that you're not even sure of, will only make things worse physically and mentally.

Progressive DDD
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014
  • The only treatment they've talked about is aspirin and swimming (general, not even specific style instructions). One of the doctors told me that I don't have to do nothing but swimming (I mean, doing nothing means don't pracrtice real sports) and take aspirin.
    And I've already talked with them, more than an hour with some of them. They've talked me about my issue, they only say that they can't say how will I be in some years, they don't give answers. But i have noticed that now aspitin doesn't help, pain is always here, my neck hurts, my ribs hurt, my spine hurt, my back hurt, even my lunbar back hurt, my arm hurt. The only thing that help is getting sooo drunk that i can't see (And I don't want to be a drunko, so that is not an option).

I will try to get another mri, or something. But what to do when you don't trust those so called "proffesionals".

It's funny: the physical therapy guys got scared because I had all my torathic vertebrae deshydrateted. What kind of proffesional can't manage problems in his/her proffesion? The answer is that some proffesional out there have to be unemployed.
    edited 12/24/2014 - 4:07 AM
    since the only treatment recommendations they gave you is swimming, and using aspirin for the inflammation. You are misunderstanding what the doctors are saying to you. ALL of us, have some amount of DDD. The standard treatment for MILD cases of DDD is anti inflammatory medications and regular excercise such as swimming.
    It is normal to have days of flare ups, and especially when you aren't doing much in the way of activity and regular excercise. That can improve drastically, if you start doing some regular stretching, get some regular excercise and work on some strengthening programs. Swimming is an often recommended excercise, because it causes the body to weigh much less due to the bouancy of the water, and walking, and swimming with a little bit of weights offers resistance, increases your muscle work out to strengthen around the spine and other muscle groups, and increases your overall well being. The swimming style would come from your physical therapist, who is there to guide your physical therapy. NOT the surgeon.....he makes the physical therapy recommendations and sets the program he wants you to do, but the actual excercises, types and times, are set by the physical therapist.
    Drinking isn't going to help anything, and combined with aspirin and other anti inflammatories can lead to more problems with your stomach down the line.
    No one can tell you how fast something will progress, since each of us is an individual, and our occupations, sports, , lifestyles all play a part in how fast or slow things will occur.
    We all KNOW that hearing that there is anything going on in our spines is difficult but it really does sound like you are totally misunderstanding what you are being told by your doctors and believing that this is a severe case of DDD, when in reality it sounds like it is a very mild case, which is NORMAL for your age........
    Dehydrated discs are what DDD is..........all it means is that over decades, the discs loose some of their hydration , because they do not have their own hydration system in each disc......it is a NATURALLY occuring body process due to getting older........I know that you are 21, but if you played sports, or worked at manual labor, lifted heavy items, or were rough on your back in your teen years, it can happen in someone your age.......we keep trying to explain to you that in the case of DDD, disease isn't really a disease but a biological process that occurs over time. Any physical therapist should know this and explain it to you, rather than feed into the confusion you seem to already have regarding your condition.
  • Ok, I'm not saying that my case is very severe (surgery, currently, isn't needed). What I'm saying is that my life has been really affected. I cant study because pain doesnt allow me to do so, I am unable to concentrate. I cant practice sport because I always get rough pain the next day. I have trouble sleeping because of pain. My spine is unastable, it cracks hard all day. My neck hurts (have some c3-c4 foraminal stenosis). the shpae of my spine is deformed. So, saying that what I have is normal for my age.... sounds like a joke. I know that there are people dealing with much moree than me, but that's not normal for my age. Even my dad, whoi's 49 is able to practice sports.
  • The pain is ussually related to the cracks in back and neck. That's more or less how it works: I start to feel pressure in my back, feel lkikesome vertebrae aren't where they're suposed to be. Then I take a deep breathe and CRACK CROAKC. sound appear. RThat can happen a lot of times in a few minytes (in the same spot). Also there are littel cracks all day in my upper back,.

What the heck is goinfg on with that instability?
    edited 12/24/2014 - 5:25 AM
    effect your life. What are you doing to ease the pain? What stretches are you doing? What regular excercise program are you doing? How long are you sitting at a time? How much walking are you doing? What activities are you doing to help yourself?
    Are you taking the aspirin as recommended? Using topical pain creams and ointments or muscle rubs found in any pharmacy over the counter? Are you using distraction methods to take your mind off the pain? Yoga, swimming, pilates? You are choosing to focus on what you say you can't do........instead of using studying to distract yourself and change your focus on what you believe is wrong. If you can't play tough sports, find another one that doesn't cause so much pain at this stage........ease back into it.....DDD if it is mild does not cause instability. Who diagnosed you with instability because that's a different condition altogether......All of us have curves in our spine, it is supposed to be there.....it is called lordosis. Who diagnosed the foraminal stenosis and what degree is it? Injections are commonly used to treat mild stenosis if you are experiencing symptoms. What treatment options were you given for that condition?
    There is a lot you can do to help yourself, the very first thing is not to focus on what you believe is wrong and instead start focusing on what you can do to manage it.
  • - I do core exercises (planks) and stretches (for 30 minutes) every two or three days. I take ice cold showers (they relieve me for some minutes).
    - I am sitting for a big a,mount of time, but my lumbar spine isn't my main concern.
    - I walk evry day for half an hour, to a couple of hours (depending the day)
    - Yes I am taking aspirin and ibuprophen (I don't like to take too mucho: 1º because it doesnt' help with pain, 2º because it damages your stomach).
    - I don't use rubbers .
    - the kind of pop described in the link is not mine (i do not provque mine, it just happen all the time)
    - Distraction methods: I had to stopo swimming because a porblem in my shoulder, now I want to go back to swimming and a pain in my groin appear. I will go to the doctor and see what's going on. Till that moment, I won't push myself, because I don't one another lifetime issue.
    - I don0t like what I study, so it doesn't catch my attention, it just bores me.
    - Nobody diagnosed me with instability, I just used that word because I don't understand why my vertebrae displace and crack, and displace and crack, all by themsleves, without any strenght put on them. They move out of place just because.
    - I know that the curves in the spine are called lordosis (kyphosis in the dorsal spine), that's why my spine is deformed, because nor the lumbar or the cervical spine have it (I've read about it, some people call it "flat back"). Those two corves ar straightened,
    - And the stenosis I have was diagnosed by 1 doctor (corroborated by 2 more). I haven't been treated for it, since it's not very grave, but it's painful (not as the torathic area).

So, the answer is that I don't really know what to do. Doctors don't help very much, physical therapists seem to no have a clue. And money is not infinite.
    is not an issue when it comes to spinal related problems

People who are 18 say their back is like an 80 year old. Then they should be lucky. At 80 and a person is still alive and kicking, their spine must be pretty good.

What I see happening so often, is that young folks like yourself are hit with a problem. Its a big impact, much more than you have ever known before. So, it can take you down both physically and emotionally.

Thats where professionals come into play. For many , the professionals could be Orthopedic doctors, Neurosurgeons, etc. But for others seeing a Psychiatrist to help deal with the emotions is also very important. People tend to look down when people go to seek some counselor, but at the same time, its perfectly alright to see a doctor who is going to prescribe a pill.

Dealing with spinal problems also has to deal with a lot of give and take. If you give one day, by playing sports and other things, the next day you are going to have to take what happens. Its just the way it is. I know its harder for you to understand all of this, it doesnt come from research, or papers, but from listening to others and then unfortunately going through it yourself.

Keep thinking positive, its the only way out
  • mickkrmmickkr Posts: 166
    edited 12/24/2014 - 5:34 PM
    Exercise is important, but the wrong exercise is worse than no exercise at all. You should try and see a physio trained to treat spinal injuries (rather than a sports physio) who can work out an exercise regime tailored to your condition. Stretching is not always wise.

Living with chronic pain doesn't just mean learning to live with the pain, it is also about strategies to reduce the pain by doing things differently and avoiding situations likely to exacerbate matters. This is not self deception it is common sense .

There is always a temptation to become a martyr to you pain because other people may not offer you sympathy, or take your suffering seriously unless you repeatedly remind them (and yourself) just how much you are suffering. This serves to make you constantly aware of your pain unnecessarily.

To quote from Forest Gump, "...sh1t happens". It's how you deal with that when it does happen that determines how much you suffer.

I'm not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
  • "People who are 18 say their back is like an 80 year old. Then they should be lucky. At 80 and a person is still alive and kicking, their spine must be pretty good."

I don't understand what you mean with that sentence.

And the poroblem, again, is that I am not able to find a good physician in my city. I've tried, they only offer the same exercise problem for someone with lumba trouble, for someone with posutre trouble. Yep, they have standarized health, like if we where eqal machines....
  • PD: I don't think that taking pills is a good idea (some people I know end up too messed up with that psychiatric poison).
  • I've heard that it is very important.
    Explain me that, please.
    does not discriminate when it comes to spinal problems.
    It can happen to someone as young in their early teens and as old in the late 80's.

In general, the younger folks are the ones who can rebound much quicker because of their youth, endurance and strength.
  • That's true, but start degenerating at an early age also includes the fact that you have more time to keep degenerating, even if you degenerate at a slow rate.