Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Your views and thoughts

bugtravelsbbugtravels Posts: 1
edited 12/03/2014 - 3:49 AM in Chronic Pain
I am a 28 year old male, skinny but overall in good health. I eat healthy and exercise moderately (mostly walks and squats). I work in the IT industry meaning I spend most of my student and working life working with computers.

My problems started in January 2013 when I started experiencing upper back pain.

The pain got worse after lifting a bag full of IT equipment. This time the pain was more like a burning pain between my shoulder blades. This persisted for a few months and eventually the pain moved down to my lower back, this time pain was accompanied by a strange pins and needles sensation localised to the shoulder blade area and lower back.

The doctor blamed this on my posture and sitting for long hours and said I had 'tight muscles' pressing on the nerves and causing a pinched nerve.

By August 2013 I started getting these strange pins and needles sensations all over my body namely hands, back, belly and mostly both of my legs. The pins and needles in my legs (paresthesia) has in fact since then become constant. This feeling is most apparent when touching other objects or materials such as clothing. After visiting a chiropractor, the pain and burning in my upper and lower back has subsided but the occasional pins and needles in these areas and hands still occur. I also started experiencing weight loss since November 2013 and my weight has gone down from 65 kilos to 57 kilos, it could be due to this condition or due to my increased level of physical activity and more healthy eating since that time. Doctors are not worried about the weight loss.

I've been to a neuro surgeon in December 2013 who said I should start walking at least an hour every day and gave me B1, B6 and B12 tablets for 2 months. My GP has done blood tests done which all came back clear, and an MRI of the brain and neck which again came back clear. I suggested an MRI of the spine should have been done but he said it will probably not show anything. Is this true?

These pins and needles persist and have brought along a lot of anxiety as my life is no longer the same, I am now in constant pain in my legs, wearing pants especially is bothersome due to the increased sensitivity. I have so far no answer to what is causing this pins and needles just guesses of a 'pinched nerve', my doctor said he is baffled and just left me like this :(, I do not want to loose hope that I can get better and would like to seek other medical advice.

What are your thoughts?