Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need advice.. please.

jeanne1960jjeanne1960 Posts: 1
edited 12/03/2014 - 8:18 PM in New Member Introductions
I am new to this, but need advice. I have been in pain management for over 2 years with the same doctor. A couple of months ago, I had gotten very ill with my stomach. I also have diverticulitis & acid re flux * had a major flare up with this & was unable to eat living off yogurt & water for almost 3 weeks. I could not tolerate my meds hardly & was at my wits end. After the flare up, I went thru a time frame of about 2 weeks where my legs seemed to be pain free. I convinced myself it was the aspartame from drinking so much diet soda that was aggravating my pain levels, from several articles I had read. So, I go to my pm doc & ask to be taken off my fentanyl patch, which he did not agree with, but did as I asked. I then told him to take me off the muscle relaxers he was giving me, because they never helped it seemed at all. I asked for him to just leave me on percocet & let me see if I could manage my pain with this. I was due back in 2 months for my next appointment. So, I got down to a lower level on my patch, made it thru that month, but then the pain started coming back. I was then ready to go down to the lowest level of the patch, but never made it there, because the pain returned in full force. I then proceeded to go back on my regular dose & finally got the pain manageable. I recently went for my appointment as soon as I walk in a new guy introduces himself as the new PA, but does not tell me his name. Had small talk for a few minutes. then he proceeds to tell me that the last urine test I had taken, which was a couple of months back had showed Ultram in my system. I asked him if he had the wrong chart. Had him read me my name & date of birth, just to make sure. He then goes on to say it could have been 1 or 2 pills. I told him I did not have access to Ultram, at first I didn't even know what it was, because I was caught off gaurd so bad. Then I thought about it & told him I had taken them once in my life after surgery about 4 years ago. I told him I did not take them, so he gets up & says your pm doc will be in, in a few... He walks in asks did I speak with him, I replied yes, I explained to him I did not take this med, did not have access to them, & if I really wanted them I could have asked him to give them to me. I explained that I will not take a tylenol from anyone, not even family. Then we go back & forth, and throws in that it was at a substantial level. We then discuss my current meds, how I was doing & I proceeded to tell him I went back to the level that I had started out with on the patch, which was fine with him. What's confusing me, is this.. I asked for a copy of the lab work, he says sure, we will have it ready when you leave. He then walks out & the nurse brings in my scripts& starts to leave. I stopped her And told her I wanted a copy of my last lab test, she asks .. What for?? Then proceeds to tell me I will have to call to get them sent to me. Today I attempted again to get them, but was told i would have to come back to the office sign a statement & have a picture ID. I was just there the day before I told them, and they told me no. Willl this test stay on my files?? I have been so upset. I fight pain 24/7.. did not take these meds, never failed a urine test in my life. I just feel like I am being setup, but for what?? I told my family that it was like someone accusing you of stealing something & you did not do it. I was so upset, because I have legit reasons to be there. I feel like I did wrong, but I didn't .. That's the way they are making me feel. Has anyone ever been in a situation like this before & if so, how did you handle it??