Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had C4-C7 yesterday

SondraSSondra Posts: 3
edited 12/04/2014 - 4:12 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Had C4 C5, C5 C6, C6 C7 fused yesterday. Going home in a few minutes. They had green beans, Mac n cheese, and jello waiting for me when I got to my room from recovery. My throat was sore but I was starving... Scarfed it down in record time haha surgery went well but the first minute I woke up in the recovery room I threw up until they have me a drug to stop it. Was hoarse for a bit and when I first wake up but not too bad once I get moving

• I had it done twelve years ago. Remember to not lift anything that's heavier than a 12 oz. soda. I loved scrambled eggs and Yoplait kids Gogurt. Put the tubes in the freezer overnight. They go down really well.

• You got out of the hospital quickly which should help overall in your recovery. Your throat may be sore for a while and your stomach may be upset also so just take it easy and eat soft preferably cold foods.
  • KatieTatie82KKatieTatie82 Posts: 3
    edited 12/08/2014 - 2:56 AM
    I had C5/6 acdf 4 days ago. I have to say I haven't felt any relief of the left arm pain and pins and needles I have been suffering. Today the pins and needles feel worse than they did before surgery and seem to be in my little finger too! My surgeon was surprised I was still feeling the pain when I came round post-op which has worried me slightly that this hasn't worked! I guess only time will tell and my surgeon asked me to let him know in 2 weeks how I am getting on.
    ACDF C5/6 metal plate fusion December 4th 2014