Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Put in a complaint

I put a complaint in with the director at the ortho office saying it was not appropriate to call me "depressed" and "hormonal". Also that his exam was not thorough in my opinion based on the research I have done. I also spoke with an aquatance that had been there and her comment about the clinic was they are " idiots". She reffered me to another PT clinic which I start tomorrow! I also have a third opinion from a regular MD tomorrow who my little ones have seen in the past. I really don't think much will come of it but perhaps starting a new care provider is a good idea for after the baby is born. (We have only been in the area for a few years and previously I just saw the midwife)

Anyway the point of this post is it feels really good to not be a victim today and to have a proactive plan in place! I hope this encourages someone.

• I'm glad you are standing up for what's right. No one in the medical field should give disparaging remarks. I worked in many hospitals and clinics and find more and more persons making comments about patients in ear shot as if they can't be heard. It's worse when a licensed professional makes comments and sets a "devaluing" atmosphere. You are making the change.
    46 F Avg Hgt/Weight non-smkr/drkr, ex-runner
    Chronic back/neck pain/urticaria (pic)
    ADCF C6-7, 11/13
    C3-4-5 , L3-4-5-S1 DDD bulge annular tear

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    edited 12/30/2014 - 8:18 AM
    many different things.
    For a trained individual, its pretty easy to see when a patient is a bit depressed. But there is absolute nothing wrong with a doctor saying that. How they say it is another matter. People have this bad notation that the word depressed is a terrible nasty word.

It isnt, so many people are depressed for various reasons. I know that being faced with my 14th surgery (not all spinal), this time to reconstructive my Achilles, that I am a bit depressed. Every time I think I am climbing out of a hill, something shoves me back in, only for me to work my way out again. I appreciate a doctor that can pick that out and discuss it with me.

Hormonal, is not something a doctor should be allowed to blurt out. To me, that has become a cop out for many male doctors when treating females. First time they see one of their female patients get a bit bent out of shape, treary, etc, immediately, they label it hormonal. That is so very wrong. I dont if you would find a male doctor saying something to one of his male patients in the ton of, "Oh, you didnt do go in the game the other day, must have let your weaker side come out"

Like I said, the bit about depressed, that could be a good thing coming from the doctor, perhaps a early warning sign. but the statement hormonal, that is totally unacceptable and I would request an apology from that doctor.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com