Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hi I'm new to the froyp

hdewey5hhdewey5 Posts: 1
edited 12/07/2014 - 4:12 PM in Recovering from Surgery
I had back surgery 9/25/14. Disc removal of L4-S1I am still in alot of pain about 7-9 throughout the day. I started PT a cpl weeks ago but the pain is still terrible my lower back hips and legs (both) are in severe pain. I'm trying to stay positive but it's getting hard. I feel like I can't do anything for long periods of time. I have been out of work since Jan 2014 and I have a 13yr old son. I got hurt at work I'm a CNA not only did my back get messed up but also 2 disc in my neck. I have had epidural, nerve blocks and facet injections in lower back and neck with little relief. Now that I've had the back surgery I feel that I'm in worse pain then before. The surgeon keeps saying it's going to take time to heal but I'm getting worried I'm only a 34yr old female and I've been in pain management for 8months already with the pain medication not really helping. The bad thing is that the neck and right arm also hurt along with numbing of right arm to finger tips I just want to get my life back on tract and get control of this pain without having to take all these pain medications

• Hello,

I don't have a solution but I just wanted to let you know I'm a 34 year old mom as well. I had surgery on Dec. 2, 2014 and am waiting to see the results.

It's so hard to be in pain all day, especially when you have a child and you have to work, etc. I agree that the pain meds didn't do anything. I went to Emergency approx. 7 times in 2 weeks. I learned what a true 10 is on the pain scale (and I've had 3 kids!).

Do you have a good family doctor? Can you get a second opinion? I live in Canada so our systems might be different (I didn't look at your profile to see where you live.). It must be incredibly frustrating for you, and I'm sorry. I can completely empathize with you.

I can't tell you how it's going to turn out, but hold on to the thought that it might get better in the future. I spent all of September, October and part of November in my bed completely zoned out on pain medication (and the other meds they give you). During those weeks, I didn't think anything would help. I'm not a negative person at all but I could see how the pain changed me. It takes away your roles - mom, wife, professional, etc.

But, out of the blue, I got a break and got booked in for surgery early and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works out. Still going through the pains (and I'm super scared to move) so I get it.

Hopefully someone on here has some better than ideas than me but I'm here for you.