Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new symptom from my neck I think??

leocat46lleocat46 Posts: 125
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
i have a new symptom develop recently. whenever i couph, or sneeze. i feel pressure and pain in my abdominal area. very tender feeling. is this all due to my herniation in my neck? i am also feeling the radicular pain down my leg, and sciatica. It seems like it just keeps piling up. one thing after another. my lower back hurts, . But so far i have only been diaganosed with my c5-6 . could i have more that i don't know yet? It sure has seem to traveled all over my body, I have been waiting quite a long time for my NS. i go the 15th. I have been dealing with this for that last 1 1/2 yrs. i know my shoulder is in need of repair also, it is also tore up. i am just not sure of this couphing or sneezing part. and when i sneeze it 3, or 4 times in a row. so i really feel it. Does anyone have any answers, or replies. thank you LEOCAT
(used to be skip) :?

• Sneezing is a very violent action on the body. Feeling it in various body parts is not unusual. Sounds like you might want to let the doc know about this reaction and possibly get some films there as well. Do your best to document exactly where and how it hurts so you can describe it to the doc fully. Best of luck to you.

• i had three disc out of place and i definitely had stomach issues.they all went away after my surgery.i'm not saying that that's your problem but i wouldn't rule it out if i was you. make sure to mention it to the NS. ;)
  • I saw a post like this recently and saw the possibility that after cervical injury or surgery we may begin to see lower back problems because of the low levels of activity compared to what we're used to. If the herniation is holding you down and forcing you to be less active, chances are that you're sitting around more and that can cause a different kind of strain on your back. I know that I do a lot more sitting than I ever have in my life! I have lower back soreness and sciatica quickly if I don't make sure to move around often.

Always talk to your doc about your new symptoms. I'd also reccommend that you walk around as much as your pain and energy levels allow you to. The stronger you are pre-op, the better off you'll be post-op.

Keep us up to date and I hope you get to feeling better!

• did i also mention that i also had lumbar surgury 20 yrs. ago. i hear alot of scar tissue is a problem, i do try to keep active with light housekeeping, walking around the store if shopping. but i continue to get bad headaches, it seems like when i try to do anything, i do have pain all the way down to my fingertips, i can hardly fold clothes anymore without taking a break. i'm pathetic! i get so aggrivated. i am always used to working full time, and usually on the move. i can't even pick up my cup of coffee without feeling pain in my shoulders. i thank you for the responses, that is why i love everyone here who understands.
    LEOCAT 8)
This discussion has been closed.