Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

i fractured 3 t sections of my spine 8 weeks ago

edited 12/12/2014 - 3:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi i had a really bad car crash on october the 15th 2014 . and fractured 3 T sections of my spine , they didnt operate as im only 25 and they said that they would just put me in a back brace for 8 weeks. its been 8 weeks and they said that they would send me for another mri scan but i have not heard anything from them . they havnt sent me anything from physio either. i was wondering if i should just take off my back brace ? i feel fine i just have a little bit of pain which is lessened by pain killers, i would phone to ask the hospital but i havnt got a clue where to start and on the paperwork there is no phone number at all which is a bit stupid.

can anyone help plz?

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • No, I don't think it's a good idea to remove the brace without a doctor telling you to. If they haven't called you, you should call them. Sometimes you have to be your own loudest advocate. Call your doc asap and if you don't know who to call, start with the hospital where you were treated and give them your info and they should be able to connect you with someone
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • Don't take your brace of because you don't totally know what is going on in your back. Call the hospital and just ask them to connect you to your doctor or the doctor on call there. You should be able to find the hospital on their website so look there first and they should be able to connect you to the correct people- good luck!