Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

trouble turning head. Anyone else?

My worst painful motion is turning my head to the right. I still am limited and have pain with it after a week on steroids and PT. When I first started the treatments I couldn't turn right or left to see driving, I was too tight and painful. Has anyone else experienced this and what is your diagnosis?

• stasiamariesstasiamarie Posts: 62
    edited 12/13/2014 - 2:55 AM
    I can barley drive ! It's very hard to turn my head ! It causes me pain ! Have never tried the steroids does that help with your pain at all ?
    ACDF One level C- 4 April 2014
    Cervical Spondylosis \ Myelopathy
    Chronic pain sufferer since 2005
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
    Still I have limited range of motion toy left.
    It's past the point were physical therapy can help. But that is my fault for not doing everything the therapist told me to do.

Yes driving can be a chore at times especially if I need to look left. I have an oversized rear view mirror which helps, but sadly too many times I need to rely on the horn. If no one is beeping at me then I am good to go
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • if it really persists, get an MRI. I had a really stiff neck for 2 years and tried acupuncute, PT, chiropractics, heat, naproxen, robaxacet, yoga, meditation, massage...
    and then got an MRI that showed that C1 and C2 were 18 apart, which was a very severe subluxation. I immediately had emergency surgery.
    don't want to freak you out, but i guess there is always a slight chance that its something really serious.
    feel better! and the thing that helped me most was a microwavable bean bag from shoppers home health care that had some sort of grain inside, and really helped with the pain and stiffness. good luck!
    Noa Orr
  • After my three level fusion, I do have problems turning my head to the right. For driving it hasn't been much of an issue, I have purchased some small circular mirrors which help me see a bit better. But for everyday life I have just tried to position myself so I can be turning more to the left. If its a bit awkward for others, I make them sit through the entire story of my neck ;)
  • I can turn enough for regular driving but backing up is difficult. I try to find spaces that I can drive straight through sk I don't have to back up. I don't care how long the walk is.
    Tracie C