Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Quit date Independence Day

EwaightEEwaight Posts: 250
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:19 AM in Stop Smoking
I will have been on the Chantix for 12 days this Friday 07/04/08. My quit date is then. Easy date to remember and there is something about Independence Day that just seems right. I'll also have a 3 day weekend to be off work if i get grumpy!!
advertisement

Comments

• You should be feeling less interested in smoking by now. The 4th is as good as any day to pick. Shout if or when you need help. Just don't light up.
  • You're now in Day 2 and might be feeling a little anxious now and then. We're right here with you, ready to listen whenever you need to vent out of frustration!

It was my experience that it was all and only about nicotine addiction. When you feel anxious and irritable is when the nicotine is low in your blood stream. I carried nicotine gum with me for about 3 months just to make sure that if something happened to tempt me, I'd have the gum to use instead of smoking. I celebrate 10 years smoke free next Sunday. I've never looked back!

And besides, now I have money to spend for gasoline! :D

Congratulations and good luck! You're doing the right thing no matter how weird it might feel!

Jennifer