Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

We want your opinions on this

As moderators of Spine-Health we have a set of guidelines to follow. This is the same for many other web forum sites.
There are the standard foul language databases that are followed, there are many rules that need to be enforced to ensure the overall wellness of the site.

Sure, I have been on many sites, I am a member of those, that just about allow anything to be said. Then I am on other sites, when I made a statement about where
the Pauliliac wines in Bordeaux France lied on (West or East bank), I was banned because my thread wasn't 100% correct.

We are neither....

In fact if anything, we try to give more flexibility to our members in what they say and how it is said. Foul language is not an area that is open for discussion. We follow the rules.
This site is open to all ages, and for that one reason, we have an obligation to keep the words proper.

We also edit. I have instructed all the moderators to cut back on this. No need to edit everything. But when there is a clear violation of the forum rule (ie Naming a specific doctor)
we will XXXX the name. We have to . Its to protect that doctor and/or medical institute from positive or negative press. But the change here, is that I will be the one to send a message
to the member as to WHY their thread/posts was edited.

I do feel very positive that just in this past month, the number of thread/posts we have had to take actions are have dropped down to a small number. Before, it was almost like 10 a day,now
if we see 3 or 4 a week thats alot. And for that, I have to thank all of our members.

Ok, so, now you know some of our reasons..... I would like to know what you think....

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com