Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

why do i allow people to make me feel.like a fraud?

robsonrrobson Posts: 4
edited 12/15/2014 - 4:44 AM in Lower Back Pain
I have l5s1 disc herniation. Over 2 years suffered from chronic pain in back, hip, testicles and leg. I have had a spinal cord srimulator fitted even though im only 40 yo. Devise works well but still have some pain and at the moment a lot of back pain as i may of bulged the disc again. Since i had the op i have come off oxynorm, lyrica and cymbalta by choice as i had been taking them.for over a year and was too reliant on them and i didnt want to end up.a pain med junky. Iv worked hard at my recovery and done everything my doctor told me to do, yet people.still look at me like im.a fraud! I keep a smile.on.my face even when the pain is bad but i cant help thinking my friends, collegues and even family think im.just a wimp or playing for attention. Its only a sore back isnt it ?? Kind of attitude. Im sick of it. Anybody else feel.like this? How do you handle.it ? Am i jist being paranoid?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    most people just dont understand...

You have to, that becomes just one of your coping mechanisms.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Someone somwhere will always have advise to help you, my reply " no thanks my doc and I have this under control". My sister has chronic headaches and the family has so much sympathy for her it is enough to make you sick while myself 8 spine surgeries, osteomylitis and many other chronic issues I am expected to feel normal, Why ? Because I refuse to let it get the best of me. Do not get me wrong, I have horrible days and couldnt make it without my meds so what does that make me according to some, a drug addict, according to them i have had the surgery and now I am fixed, I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy but still secretly wish they could walk just one day in my shoes, I am not saying headaches cannot be horrible but it is not a daily issue she lives with that will continue for the rest of her life. In the mean time my health continues to deteriorate from one issue or another, Ive made it to 52 still full time employed for now but for how much longer my body can take the abuse is anybodies guess. I refuse to give up until I am forced out.