Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2-level ADR L-4L-5 L-5 S-1

Wombatcat76WWombatcat76 Posts: 1
edited 12/15/2014 - 11:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello,
I am in need of some help and direction. I live in the US and have felt with back problems since I was 25yrs. old. Due to a car accident I sistained a herniated disc, and the tests revealed DDD. In 2010, I had a microdisectomy. Currently, I'm in need of a 2-level ADR at L4-5:L5-S1. I Just turned 38, and want to regain what's left of my somewhat youthful life. Unfortunately, my time has come and the US will only do 1 disc replacement. My doctor gave me a recommendation for a surgeon in Germany, and one in London. In doing my own research, I feel like a fish out of water. I thought I was knowledgable about my issues. ADR is roughly 10 years young in the US. And, my heart sank when I heard the doctor say " you are not a candidate for ADR, and you are the perfect candidate for ADR", just not here.
I now find myself in uncharted waters. I feel like Germany is at least 20 years ahead of the U.S. in this area, but I'm not opposed to Any suggestions.

Dr. zzzzzzzz, is the name I was given by my doctor here, but I've also found some info. on a Dr. zzzzzzzzz. It seems there is also some debate over which is the best device on the market, Prodisc -L, Mobic, etc... Then there is cost, facilities, insurance, contact info.,etc....
I would truly appreciate any information an/or personal experience anyone is willing to share with me.

Living in pain, is no way to live. Regaining my quality of life is my goal.

Thanks to anyone willing to take the time and share.

It is a forum violation to specify any doctors name or institute

*********************************************************************************************************

Welcome to Spine-Health

It would be very helpful if you could provide us with more details. Here are some questions that you
should answer:

• - When did this first start?
    - Was it the result of an accident or trauma?
    - What doctors have you seen?
    - What Conservative treatments have you had? Which ones?
    - What diagnostic tests have you had? And their results
    - What medications are you currently using?
    - Has surgery been discussed as an option?
    - What is your doctor’s action plan for treating you?

Providing answers to questions like this will give the member community here a better understanding
of your situation and make it easier to respond.

Please take a look at our forum rules: Forum Rules

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator : 12/15/14 18:25
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

advertisement

Comments

• into the surgeon in Germany because there have been many complaints about his lack of follow up for patients who experience complications with their adr.
    While I think that adr has it's place and in some patients it is a blessing, there are far too many others who have had negative outcomes when it is used in the lumbar spine and revision surgery is extremely complex, as well as it being very difficult for a patient from the US to find someone with experience in doing revision surgery.