Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need Input On Two Level Fusion..Please

LeeLeeMccDeeLLeeLeeMccDee Boston MAPosts: 152
edited 12/17/2014 - 5:31 PM in Lower Back Pain
I had two level l4/5-l5s1 a/plif Nov 2013. Initially I believed I was recuperating normally albeit slowly. After not being strong/pain free enough for my medical job, I was terminated after 6 months. Pre-fusion I suffered mostly from left sided sciatica with numbness down to the toes....no real right sided pain to speak of. Post fusion left sciatica is gone but numbness n tingling is constant on that side and new right sided pain began last June from the buttock down the back of the right leg to the knee. This pain has not decreased in intensity since it began as well as having persistent lumbar back pain and heavy pressure. My question is this: is this common for a one year post fusion? Has anyone out there had a similar experience and what were you told about it?
advertisement

Comments

• The important question is what has your doctor told you about the residual symptoms you are having? What others may have been told is specific to them and may not have anything to do with what might be causing your symptoms. If you have not discussed this with your surgeon, then a visit to allow him to examine you and run some tests might be your best option.