Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member, T6 burst fracture and fusion 9-22-14

Brian247BBrian247 Posts: 41
edited 06/09/2015 - 5:49 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey everyone, new member to the club here. I'm a 36 yr old male with a passion for motocross that unfortunately ended on 9-22-14. I had a bad crash at the track that day that left me with not only a concussion and multiple areas of road rash but also a burst fracture of my T6 vertebrae. Doctors said i came within millimeters of being paralyzed so I got extremely lucky, I was in the hospital for 6 days. I had fusion surgery done from T4-T8 to stabilize my spine. They did the whole screws, rods, crosslinks and bone grafting procedure, entering posterior. I was also fitted with a brace to wear at all times unless i'm laying down at an angle of 30 degrees or less, which makes bathing a process and driving non existent for me right now. I've seen the doc for xrays and checkups 3 times since surgery and he says it looks good but still not fused yet. I'm barely close to 3 months post op so I kind of figured not much would be happening yet. Just cant wait to get this brace off cause it drives me nuts. Anyhow thats my story, hope to hear of good recoveries from similar injuries.
September 2014 : T6 burst fracture, multilevel fusion from T4-T8