Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L4/L5/S1 TLIF surgery this Thursday Dec 18th

BNC2007BBNC2007 Posts: 2
edited 12/16/2014 - 9:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Yay me..just found out after another set of xrays that the Dr wants to add in L4...he was on the fence and after discussing it, we both decided it was best to just do it now rather than heal from the first surgery only to come back shortly to do L4...So my question is and I didnt get to ask HIM this...how much LONGER will surgery take? I'm obviously a tad nervous and have some anxiety, but have been trying to meditate to CALM myself! This surgery is a quite a bit more extreme than my past two L5/S1 microsdiscectomies. The fun part will be to see if they can find the right meds for me to take...I have reactions to MOST pain meds! Thank goodness for essential oils! :) Hubby will be my God send as he is able to take off several weeks to help me post surgery! Good luck to anyone else out there awaiting this same surgery! Hope 2015 finds us all with corrected spines, amazing healing and lifted spirits due to pain release! :)