Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help on moving forward

bipolarbearbbipolarbear Posts: 2
edited 12/17/2014 - 4:44 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everybody! Found this site after googling around for possible information on my pain, and seems like a good place to maybe get some ideas on what to do.

First abit about myself, I'm a 28 year old man from Norway. Spend too much time infront of the computer both at work and at home, but i also get out and try to stay active with golfing and hikes in the mountains.

Now to my problems, in July this year, i hurt my shoulder while playing golf. Unfortunately i did not stop right away, and kept playing through the round even tho it hurt quite alot. The pain was located to my left side under the shoulderblade.

Iv had some neckpain earlier and chiropractors usually helps me, but this time it had no real effect. I visited the doctor who said it was a muscle strain that would go away within a few weeks. It didnt. Another round with the doctors and i was prescribed anti inflammatory drugs that i was on for a couple of weeks without any effect either. During this time i also had an episode where my jaw locked up. This was fixed by a few apointments with a chiropractor.

Late August the pain started to affect my neck and chest, which have been tense and very painfull since. My doctor told me to see a physiotherapist who performed (without doing any tests) a couple of shockwave threatments on my shoulder, but with no effect. The pain in my neck was getting worse. Finally my chiropractor sent me to get x-rays taken of my shoulder and neck, but they came back "clean" and he now adviced me not to get any further treatments as it could cause more damage.

October i start noticing a lymphnode that its a bit enlarged, and i see a doctor who orders alot of bloodtests but they come back clean and that seems to be it. My pain continues. I visit the doctor again, lymphnode still a bit enlarged, and more bloodwork is ordered, virus tests and so on, and a x-ray of my chest. All clean, and the only response i get is that they dont find anything. Which is great, but it doesnt help with my pain.

I have visited the doctor numerous times since, and they keep doing bloodtests that come back clean, i have asked if its not time to do an mri to see if theres any pinched nerve or something, but they deny. My neck at this point is burning, and its radiating down to my collarbone, where there is also a very sore point. I do not know what to do, the pain is taking alot of my energy, and at this point im sleeping 12 hours a day to "get away". It seems that they are only interested in doing bloodtests and when they show no signs of an infection they think my problems are gone.

I have tried everything i can think of, chiropractors, physiotherapists, dry needling, acupuncture, anti-inflamatory drugs, massages. I am afraid the pain will become chronic if they cant find a cause.

Any advice on what to do further would be appreciated.