Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please exsplain my MRI and X-Ray I want to make sure I make the right discission before surgery

curt1ccurt1 Posts: 2
I have suffered for 8 months with extreme low back and leg pain. I have went through physical therapy and put in traction where my lower body went completely numb. Physical therapist also tried a tens unit and it did not help any. I have got weaker over the last 8 month and have to concentrate to lift and bend my right leg. From time to time my legs will completely give out on me. Pain medication offers some relief but I have had to take high doses for the last 8 months which I do not like taking.

FINDINGS: There are 5 lumbar-type vertebral bodies.Lumbar alignment is normal.
Vertebral body heights are normal. Small amount of chronic reactive endplate
change at the anterior/inferior margin of L1. No other areas of abnormal marrow
signal. No paraspinous soft tissue abnormalities.

Conus terminates at L1-L2. Cauda equina nerve roots appear normal. Level by
level analysis of the axial images follows.

L1-L2: Within normal limits

L2-L3: Mild facet degenerative change without other abnormality.

L3-L4: Mild posterior facet degenerative change without other abnormality.

L4-L5: Desiccation change to the nucleus pulposus. No disc protrusion. Moderate
facet degenerative change. No central canal or foraminal narrowing.

L5-S1: Desiccation change to the nucleus pulposus. Moderate broad-based disc
bulge across entire posterior aspect of the interspace. High signal in the
annulus indicating annular tear. Moderate posterior facet degenerative change.
No central canal stenosis but moderate bilateral subarticular recess and
foraminal narrowing.

1. Broad-based disc bulge and moderate facet hypertrophy at L5-S1. This produces
moderate bilateral subarticular recess and foraminal narrowing.

2. Early degenerative changes of the disc at L4-L5, without neural encroachment.

FINDINGS: 3 lateral views of the lumbar spine. In the neutral position there is
minimal retrolisthesis of L5. There is no significant disc narrowing. There
are no compression deformities. No abnormal translation with flexion-extension.
The soft tissues are unremarkable.

No evidence for instability.

Please remember that no one at Spine-Health is a formally trained medical professional.
Everything that is posted here is based on personal experiences and perhaps additional research.
As such, no member is permitted to provide

• - Analysis or interpretation of any diagnostic test (ie MRI, CTscan, Xray, etc)
    - Medical advice of any kind
    - Recommendations in terms of Medications, Treatments, Exercises, etc

What could be good for someone could spell disaster for another.
You should also consult your doctor to better understand your condition and the do’s and don’t’s.

5.13 You agree not to ask for any analysis or interpretation of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.)

Please take a look at our forum rules: Forum Rules

--- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator :12/18/14 00:21