Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

chronic siatica pain following fusion to L4L5

I had a laminectomy in November, 2012 Pain after was 3x worst. different parts of spine, but,t groin , lower back and legs. horrible! Next surgery was a fusion in January 2014 severe pain after wards Third was a fusion as the hardware came lose This third one was in June 2014 with sciatica and neuropathy following This has been absolutely and unbearable painful. Never had sciatica until now nor neuropathy I also have Parkinson's I'm taking 1800 mg of Granliss pain Its been
quite depressing. I'm in pain as I type

• PlumbTuckeredOutPlumbTuckeredOut Philadelphia, PAPosts: 325
    Hi Professor,
    I'm sorry to hear you're in such pain. I've been through several surgeries myself and am now going to a Pain Clinic but I know how much constant pain wears me down. I remember one of my surgeries made the sciatica worse but eventually (several months later) helped it improve greatly. I wish I knew what to suggest to help everything improve. Currently I'm pretty happy because I am finally on medications which relieve 100% of the pain but I also know this is temporary so I am being grateful that I am okay for right now.

I also have had well-meaning people over the years suggest that I take a hot bath, a bubble bath, take a walk, watch a movie.... just about everything brought tears to my eyes because I knew that had no concept of how intense the pain was that I was experiencing. I think the best thing I can say is "I'm sorry. I've been there and I know how horrible it is." It seems like there's a bunch of us here in the same boat and we understand.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by...... (Robert Frost)
    I still don't know if I should have taken the one that said, "Caution! Dead End" (Me)