Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My surgery was finally done last Thursday

JoyJJoy Posts: 560
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey all,

Thanks for all the prayers, etc., that went up for me last Thursday. I had decompression for L4 to S1 and then fusion from L4/L5, screws put in, small cage, graft from my hip, and so on and so on. I'm 5 days post op and am probably where I thought I would be at this point--I hurt. I look forward to my Percost I get every 6 hours more than I used to look forward to dates! I get up and walk around a bit, one leg is a little week feeling and both legs hurt a bit to walk. My head is finally screwed almost all the way back on--really took some wild trips on the all drugs. Had a really hard time deciding what was real and what was fantasy. I had worried so much about being told I would have the surgery on Thursday and then go home on Friday--Saturday at the latest. Well guess what, I didn't go home until Monday! My blood pressure went WAY down to like 60/60, had a temp of 102 and was probably dehydrated on top of all that. Today's a bit better, really the first time I've felt like watching tv, reading, using the computer or anything! Oh--my name under all the old posts was Snowman08. Lookforward to catching up on everyone.



Sign In or Register to comment.