Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI Disc

I have my MRI disc, can I see the images on my computer at home? I want to see what I saw at the surgeons office, a nd was wondering if a special program was used, Thanks!

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    I was able to put my disc into my laptop & saw the images. The only problem was, I had no idea what I was looking at!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    not many here have a clue.
    We could have looked at scores of MRIs and still not really understand them.
    I have a whole book and about 30 gig worth of my X-Rays and MRIs (always get copies).
    I look at them and look at them .... and still cant really see anything..

Now. once a doctor points out a problem on a MRI, aha, it all makes sense.

Thats why its better leaving the ready of MRI's to doctors and not us.

Reminds me of one member, who talked about being able to read MRIs and give a detailed analysis. Of course that is a forum violation, but this is going back to the early 2007's Someone took him up on their offer to read... So, they provided this person with a MRI of what appeared to be the spine. The person claiming to understand MRIs then went on to tell us what the problem was, which discs where bad, where a nerve was impacted, etc. Thing is , the person giving him the MRI image played a trick, it was a MRI of a dog, not a human!

I dont like games and would never allow someone to do something like that. But it illustrated a point many years ago which still holds true. Leave the analysis of any diagnostic test in the hands of a professional.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • There is software installed on the disc to view the images but as Ron has stated, reading an MRI or studying the images often results in seeing things that you think may be problems but really aren't. Plus you have to know what images you are looking at/for, and unless you really know anything about the levels and how to determine from the scout images what levels you are looking for, , you can and often will find yourself looking at the wrong levels. The other issue is that you may see things that aren't problems on the images but because you believe it doesn't look "right", you can get yourself all worked up over what may not be a problem.
    I , like Ron have collections of MRI's, CT scans, xrays, etc, and I know what I am looking at, after all of these years but I still wait to see my doctors to go over them with them and discuss what's there......
    We all know that it's hard waiting for answers, but it really is in your best interest to wait and see your doctor.
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    edited 12/20/2014 - 7:46 AM
    Ron, that is very funny!