Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Radio Frequency Ablation

SusannahSSusannah Posts: 2
edited 12/21/2014 - 5:10 AM in Pain Management
Getting Radio Frequency Ablation on Tues., Dec. 23, 2014. Rear ended on interstate in 2010. Bulging disc between C4 and C5 due to whiplash that knocked me out for a few seconds.
No pain down the arms but severe burning pain between the shoulder blades. I have had 2 to 3 epidurals every year for the last 4 years and pain doc has finally recommended RFA. I have heard the pain can be worse before it gets better. I am hoping for great results. The dr. is very good. Will let you all now how well it does or does not work.
Love this forum. People who do not have chronic neck or back pain just don't understand.

• neck pain has lessened but now I have painful knots on the muscles that run between the neck and shoulder, behind the collar bones. They feel very tight. Hoping this goes away soon.
  • mbenavidez119mmbenavidez119 Posts: 1
    edited 01/26/2015 - 10:44 AM
    Susannah, How are you feeling now after your RFA? I just had mine a week ago and the pain is still pretty bad. I also have numbness in the upper back and neck..and lower part of the back of my head.... I am back at work first day and it's exhausting....all I want to do is lay down with an ice pack....

I am hoping your results were good!