Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cold toes?

hi all I have a strange new symptom. (I've posted results of my most recent MRI below. Not for interpretation. my OS has already been over it with me thoroughly.)

I have crazy leg pain that comes and goes. I was on the floor in tears two nights this week due to muscle spasms, pain, and numbness and tingling in my legs. I am on norco as needed - but really try to avoid taking it until after my 2 yr old has gone down for his nap, or to bed for the night. I cannot get comfortable. sitting, standing, laying down. no position works.

anyway - I was told by the OS that I have serious nerve compression, and am awaiting insurance approval of a one level fusion. I've had this odd symptom crop up over the past week or so. my toes feel freezing - but are warm to the touch. is that a nerve thing? has anyone else experienced it?

I have: Moderate grade 1 L5 on S1 vertebral body anterolisthesis and bilateral L5 spondylolysis. Moderate reactive bone marrow edema of the L5 pedicles and pars reticularis.
Mild flattening/traction mass effect upon the ventral aspect of the thecal sac and L5-S1 levels.
Small broad-based posterior and right posterior paramedian and right posterolateral L5-S1 intervertebral disc protrusion contributes to compression of the exiting right L5 nerve root.
Moderate bilateral narrowing and elongation of L5-S1 neural foramina.

• Hello, As of yesterday, I will have my second day & night dealing with very cold feet and sweating at the same time. Also second day in intense pain.Burning within the whole leg that seems to radiate up & down. My legs can't carry me around . I have to move my leg manually because the mobility has left. Leaving me, feeling like I'm
    paralyzed or soon would be. I can't even lift my foot up nor down side to side .My pain level is past a 10 . I can't sleep at all . This here problem started and has not let up for me to catch my second wind. Now it's time to go to the ER. P.S. I never had this cold feeling or sweating beforehand. I know myself. This has to be related with the issues I been hit with . And overtime of not fixing this issue I've probably have nerve damage somewhere. Thanks Dr. For nothing!
  • If you are having all of these increasing symptoms, why did you not arrange a consult with a different doctor? Patients have to take on the responsibility of making sure that if symptoms worsen and they aren't getting improvement or at least stablization, that they consult with another doctor.
    I read in your other post that you have been getting injections for a long time with no benefit from them, so why didn't you go see another doctor?
    I hope that it is nothing serious, but your health care is in your hands hon, and you really need to be more proactive about it.