Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Don't know what to do? Need help!

Admadct79AAdmadct79 Posts: 1
I have had back and leg pain since I carried my twins to term 4 1/2 years ago. Right after their birth my back felt great. Forward 5 months and then I had the worst pain running down my lower back, my leg, and into my foot. It feels like lightning running through my leg and out of my feet and toes. I ended up going to the ER because I had no idea what was wrong. That's the first time I was told that I had a herniated disc, L5 S1. And also sciatica. Back then the doctors cared about your pain level. They prescribed me meds to deal with the pain and physical therapy. Since then my health has gotten worse because of some clotting disorders, heart problems, swelling, joint problems, and seizures. My Clotting disorders prevent me from taking certain kinds of meds. So does the seizure problem that started last year. So my choice of pain meds is limited to narcotics and meds that do not cause bleeding, clotting, or seizures. Unfortunately NSAIDs are among the meds I cannot have. And most Doctors do not prescribe narcotics unless your dieing. I had been on vicodin, and cyclobenzaprine when the disc and sciatica problems first started. I found that neither med touched the nerve pain. It helped with the muscle pain. The only thing that has helped me completely and that I have continued to use, has been lyrica. My L5 S1 disc has been back in place and fine for the last couple years. But I have still had very bad nerve pain. I was told that damage was done to my sciatic nerve because one of my twins had layed on that nerve for to long when I was pregnant. I have also found out recently that all of these health problems have a common cause. Which is lupus. But for some reason no one wants to do anything about it. It was brought up and then nothing. The dr at the pain clinic said I had to go to mayo clinic to get a diagnosis. Even though he thought that's what was causing everything else. I can't do that because I take care of my 94 yr old grandmother and my 3 little boys. So now My biggest problem at the moment is that my lower back is hurting very bad. My sciatica is acting up and I think it's causing the pain in my thighs and knees. The pain is in both legs now. I called my dr and they prescribed Celebrex to go with my lyrica. But that isn't touching it either. But my thighs are now starting to feel like I can't even walk without this horrible aching in them. And my knees keep getting this piercing pain in them that I've never had before. I've tried ice and heat, and my meds. I tried a warm bath. But nothing is helping. I also keep feeling my muscles twitch in my legs. I just don't know what to do! Can anyone give me some advise on what I can do to ease the pain? What will make this better?