Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

please help

crossmanccrossman Posts: 1
edited 12/21/2014 - 4:22 AM in Lower Back Pain
I am a 26 year old male with lower back pain I had a MRI instead of my doctor scheduleing an appointment with me she just sent me my results. I have schmorl nodes minimal disc bulge from L1 upto L4. My main concern is in L5/S1 it reads there is disc desiccation with mild disc space narrowing and a small central disc protrusion. The spinAL canal is mildly narrowed to 12mm in A diameter. There is mild bilateral facet arthropathy. Then I goes on to say. There is a focus of high signal on T1 and T2-weighted images within the T12 vertebral body consistent with a benign hemangioma. The impressions are small central disc herniation of the protrusion type. I understand the impression but could some break it down as to what a hemangiona is and how to deal with it and advice would be great Thank you

No one is permitted or qualified to give you any information regarding any medical testing, imaging or results. You need to make an appointment with your doctor to go over the results in person and discuss any concerns, treatment options and findings.
I would strongly encourage you not to panic, since many of the terms sound worse than they are and some findings listed on these reports don't necessarily mean that there are problems, but simply anatomical findings.
Call your doctor Monday to schedule an appointment.