Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower back pain near Sacroiliac Joint

AussieRevertAAussieRevert Posts: 2
edited 12/21/2014 - 11:21 PM in Lower Back Pain
Hi Guys,

I've been trying to google my diagnosis... but im having no luck.

I have not been diagnosed by a doctor.
I am not taking any medicine.
I went to chiro roughly 2 years ago, she advised a thinned disc with not much fluid between my L4 and L5. Went to 3 sessions, she realigned me a few times. Didnt return.
I have had no surgery or upcoming surgery.
I spend 12 hours a day on a computer chair, and i admit i dont have proper posture. I usually sit with a foot underneath the opposite thigh.

I was sitting on my chair at work, and twisted/spun my chair to change my position... and i felt a sharp stabbing pain. My lower back immediately went into spasm and i could barely walk. I managed to visit a chiro that day who relieved the lower back muscles, but the pain was still persistent.
This lasted roughly a week. If i bent forward and lifted something i would immediately feel the stabbing pain again.
When i stood in face forward in front of the mirror, i noticed my torso was in an S shape... The right side of my hips had dropped and the left side was significantly higher.
Xrays were taken and the chiro said my L4>L5 disc had thinned, had very little fluid, and she suspected that the jelly from the spine was starting to come out and touch my nerves.
I felt no pain in my legs.

This occurred roughly 2 years ago, since then it reoccurred about 5 times. i haven't had a problem in the past 6 months. My lower back muscles now feel rock hard, as if they are always tight. My wife says they are very hard to massage.

During massage, i would ask her to press hard on my lower back.. and about 2 months ago i felt a 'pop/thud'

This pop/thud seemed to relieve some of the pain around the lower back area. The thud only occurs on my right side.
Due to the thud giving me relief, i'd like to know if its safe, what actually is happening, and if this thud is a realignment related to my previously described problem (disc) or if its separate.

i did a bit of googling, and it feels like its popping near the "Sacroiliac Joint"

If you need any other information, please let me know.
Thanks in advance for helping me.