Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

7 days post op

I decided to go through with surgery, it has been the hardest time of my life. The pain is horrible, not just the pain but it's so hard to get comfortable. I had my procedure in Iowa city iowa, they operated on t4 to L4. Has anyone had a similar procedure and if so could you share how you got comfortable? They say to add a lot of pillows but that doesn't seem to help. Muscle relaxers are amazing but once they wear off I feel like a log literally. Please share any post surgery advice.

Thank you :)

• I had this done in August. I know exactly what you mean by not being able to get comfortable after surgery. In the hospital, I had about 2 or 3 pillows under my back and head, one under my knees and one under each side so my full weight did not hit the mattress. After a while, I turned to my side, the back propped up with another pillow. Every position only worked for a short time. I was miserable for a few days, yet I had no pain, per se. I iced my back several times a day. I only got comfortable when I came home, here I have a zero-gravity lift chair, and a 3" thick memory foam mattress topper. What a difference! But time also helps, once the swelling goes down, it gets easier. So don't give up, little-little you will notice the improvements.