Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

acdf needed im scared dont know what too expect

swat455sswat455 Posts: 9
edited 12/23/2014 - 8:16 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi acdf needed c4 c5? in neck going from throut .. had accident from work after having my arm, ankles worked in and knee .ive also at the age of 3.5 got hit by car had arm pretty much took off broke everything from skull, ribs, pelvis,arm. anyhow all of those put together do not scare me like this acdf does ..one of my concerns is I live in a motorhome how hard will this make it..im scared age 43 depressed/badly workmans comp not paying you the tax payeer is .. im seeing therapy ...will this keep me bed ridden for weeks?? as she states the therapist she will drive to were im at.. just want to know what too expect I see it says not to drive is that also being the pass ??? im scared sick

• It sounds like you're having a 1 level fusion coming up (so not as extensive). This surgery was way less painful then I expected. Saying that, I'm in more pain now because he eased my restrictions and I believe I overdid it. (oh, and I'm 43 as well)
    I walked that evening at the hospital, and went home the next day, and am still sleeping in the recliner in the sleeping room. I do have a split level home, so I go up short flights of stairs daily without any issues.
    I think if you have a good surgeon, decent pain killers (after the first few days, I only take the strong stuff at night) and a good frame of mind, you'll do fine. Hopefully, some people that have experienced 1 level fusion will chip in to help you feel better!

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 557
    I also had that same surgery. I understand your anxiety about the doctor going in through the front of your neck. That is pretty normal. Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! I was up walking around the hospital halls that same afternoon. I also got injured at work. I don't understand why your workers comp isn't paying for your injury? I was put on light duty while waiting for surgery & doing therapy & I wasn't being compensated for my wages so I ended up getting an attorney. Maybe you should look into hiring one? Do you have a surgery date? If I can answer any more questions, let me know.
  • im trying too get lawyer its a very complicated case therefore no on wants too take it..... my surgery is jan 27