Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

suboxone for pain mgt in pregnancy

Hi everyone!
My psychiatrist has recently asked me to consider using suboxone for chronic pain control. Her suggestion stems from the fact that my PM will only give me tramadol for pain and the fact that my fiance and I want to try to have a baby soon.
Has anyone on here ever used SUBOXONE in pregnancy?
I am still trying to make up my mind as to whether or not to try this, but I also feel I have nothing really to lose because no other treatments have really worked long term!!! :-\
Erin Roche
L5/S1 Hemilaminectomy
SCS implant in 2012
plus much much more...

• and can cross the placenta.........I would strongly suggest that you visit your ob/gyn to discuss what options are the safest if you need pain management during pregnancy. There are many medications that are not safe to use during pregnancy, and can result in the baby being dependant when born and having to experience withdrawal.
  • I have been on Suboxone for the last 5 years and its so hard to get off of. I about 4 monthes ago started back on OxyContin 40mg every 12 hours and Narco 10mg every 12 hours and I'm having much better pain control but mentally I am not right no Energy no want to do anything Suboxone is so strong stronger then you can imagine. Very hard to get off I have been on Fentanol 125mcg and tgetting off that was nothing compared to Suboxone those are the things the Dr. won't tell you. Please use Caution.