Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery Success

Hello all! I just had my 360 lumbar fusion(both anterior and posterior) on l5s1due to DDD and herniation. My primary complaint was horrible stiffness during sleep and upon waking. I have 5 kids under 12 to get ready for school each day, and myself since I am a teacher. I was beginning to get depressed without ever sleeping and dreading getting up each day. I did physical therapy, which didn't help and I began taking extended release Tramadol, which helped some. I decided to give the surgery a try. I know it has only been 3 weeks since my surgery, but so far it's a HUGE success. I have no stiffness and pain sleeping or waking. I am off all pain meds. I did have increased sciatica after the surgery, but that seems to be improving each day. I feel really good, and I am back to most my routines. I still get help with things that would involve bending over, but everything else is good. Oh, I also notice I get fatigued quicker than usual upon doin laundry, cooking dinner, or other routines, but I hear that is normal also and should get better each day. I just wanted to post my story to give hope to those who may need it.

• I always love to hear a positive successful surgery story. Mine is coming up in two weeks. I'm having a PILF L3 - L5. Hope you continue with the positive progress reports. That's a lot of little ones counting on you,
  • Yayyyyy congrats ! I had my surgery done on the 17th . I hope mine can be a success like yours. I had T1-S2 fused. 2 rods 22 screws. I get random stabbing pains in my right shoulder blade. It overlapped my spine when i moved certain ways before I had surgery so maybe that is why. I cannot live with it much longer so I hope it ends soon. Sadly I am still on percocet and valium ): I am glad you are having such good luck and i hope it continues.
    17 years old :) 2 rods. 22 screws . t1-s2. fusion. butttttt im happy :)
    surgery on 12/17/2014