Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hip Tightness / Dull Pain / Tingling 6 Months Post L5 Nerve Decompression

Hi All,

Happy Holidays and here is to good health in 2015! I am ~ 6 months post a microdiscectomy of an extruded herniated disc (L4/L5 region) which was causing L5 nerve root compression and very painful sciatica from butt to toes in my right leg. Surgery was performed in July 2014, and post surgery the sciatic pain is pretty much gone with mild flare-ups now and again. I have been doing PT 2-3x per week for close to 4 months now, and I just can't seem to get rid of very tight hip muscles on both sides, and depending how long I sit or stand, a bit of numbness and tingling in the groin area and around the tight hip and stomach muscles. I have been stretching these boys religiously but nothing seems to work. Would appreciate any words of advice on folks experiences with this.

Take Care and Thanks!

• JRozeJJRoze Posts: 1
    edited 01/31/2016 - 12:11 AM
    It could be blood pressure medications or medications you take in general if you take any lisinopril for example, google it people are complaining that it gave em muscle pain and they feel stiff.
    if you want really a good stretch it will be painful I do remember when I was younger and I wanted do a split for my karate practices I was almost crying while I was doing stretches not at the beginning but when you reach certain point it is really hard to stretch beyond it.
    Looks like I have same problem L5/L4 right side 10mm by 9mm on my MRI report can't sit pain right side in my butt pain goes down my leg .N/surgeon told me pain meds and PT that's all I need or I can choose shots or surgery long story short 6months+ pain every day and my PT can not believe how did I got so tight I'm 36 planning to do minimally invasive surgery have the appointment with N/surgeon to discuss about it. I bet patients in coma has better lifestyle than I do at this point. PT all the exercises, stretching and spinal decompression machine (drx9000) nothing works on me did all that 6 times a week for a month somehow I manage to get even in worse shape pain wise, pain meds help like Ibuprofen I'm not taking anything stronger feel [edit] enough.

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Liz, Spine-health Moderator
  • JRoze, good luck with your situation.  Sounds like my ordeal trying to do everything but surgery but I got to the point i had to do something.  Things worked out well for me, literally sciatic pain went away within a month of surgery, only deficit I still have is the numb foot and toes and really tight hips.