So I possibly herniated my C5-C6 disc back around Thanksgiving weekend. I had an MRI in October (pre-herniation) that showed bulging, and osteophyte. After Thanksgiving, I sneezed. Felt immediate intense pain in my neck and between shoulder blades and numbness and tingling into both arms. After a few days went to family doctor. He prescribed Prednisone taper, and muscle relaxer. Waited about a month, trying to see if physical therapy would help or if just rest would calm things down. It did get better after 2 weeks, but still had lingering pain and arm numbness, weakness, sharp pains, tingles. Decided to try steroid, hoping it would knock out the rest of the pain. Started 3 days ago, with 60 mg Prednisone for 3 days, then taper for 13 days. I actually feel worse on the Prednisone than I did on Mobic. I can't take the muscle relaxer because I have SIJD problems, and that will really mess up my lower back. But the pain is even worse now that I started the Prednisone, than when I was just on Mobic. The pain is almost back to the levels when I first herniated it. I did cough a bit today, and it seems to have kicked the pain back up. Any advise? Why is the Prednisone not working on my neck? It's been 3 days, does it need more time? I start tapering tomorrow to 40 mg. Is that going to make it worse? I'm really, really worried that I made the wrong decision, and this course of steroids is just going to make things worse.