Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

kleahj12kkleahj12 Posts: 10
edited 12/28/2014 - 9:10 PM in Recovering from Surgery
I had surgery on 12/17/2014 and I would like to hear stories of how other people are doing post surgery. I am 17 and I had a T1-S2 fusion. I have 2 rods and 22 screws. A neurosurgeon did my surgery. I am pretty happy so far. I am getting my staples removed at 11 am. woo removing 54 staples ought to be soooooo fun lol. I will be happy they are gone. I am taking Percocet for pain relief and Valium for a muscle relaxer. My back is okay it just feels sore. My main issue is this stabbing pain i occasionally get in my right shoulder blade. its in a very small area. I am going to ask my doctor about it tomorrow because it is so bad that I cry sometimes and it is basically the only pain I have. Just let me know how you guys are doing and let me know what to expect if possible. If anyone has a similar surgery it would be nice to hear about what you are limited in doing after surgery. I feel pretty flexible but I cant really test it out yet because I just had surgery so please help. And as for the shoulder pain, if you know what it is or how to make it go away please help because not even my pain medicine or muscle relaxer helps it. thank you guys so much in advanced :)
17 years old :) 2 rods. 22 screws . t1-s2. fusion. butttttt im happy :)
surgery on 12/17/2014

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 12/28/2014 - 9:13 PM
  • I had surgery on dec 16 mine was L4 to T4 I have 12 screws and 2 rods. I also get the stabbing pain but mine is in my left shoulder blade I haven't been able to figure out what it is yet, I feel that if I lift my arms above my head and slowly move them in a circular motion the pain eventually goes away. My main issue is I'm really sore .
  • Hi guys,
    I had a 12 level , 17hr spinall fusion on dec 1 to correct my curve & taje paim away. I am home now but yeah just on pain meds & not doing much. I can walk in the morning for 30 mins but then just need to sit in my recliner, which i also sleep in as i cant get into bed properly yet, as any other activity in the day really fatigues me. I am told this is normal & will get better. So far it just seems like a slow recovery which will take time & get better i hope. I am keen to get into the core strengthening exercises i am told will help so much but i have been told to wait a little longer. So yeah 3 weeks out & i am just really tired & tire easily after say 10 mins of pottering around the house when i feel like i am ok & get up, but then yeah i get tired & need to sit again. Pain is under control which is good but it is with high doses of oxycontin so thsts another issue i have to deal with down the track. But i am positive & keen to get better so gooduck mel & kleahj12 :) im happy to talk