Happy New Year!
I'm 38 and hoping to get pregnant this year. With pain worsening last spring, an MRI showed I have a herniated/bulging disk at L5-S1. I had the first injection at the end of August but didn't get much relief. I was supposed to have a second at the end of September but as I started a new job, my medical was delayed ( various crazy reasons) and I just got on the week before Christmas. I've been doing physical therapy for 2 mo now, and still have, in varying degrees during the day, consistent pain in my lower back, hips, and down my left leg.
I've been wondering if it's worth getting the second injection (and possibly 3rd) if I'm going to wind up getting surgery anyway. Given that I want to get pregnant, I wonder what the steroids will do to my system.. as well as the delay.. I'm no spring chicken. I was going to find a new doctor to get a second opinion. Any advise would be appreciated