Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF post gastric and fast heart rate issues

aksilaannaaksilaann Posts: 6
edited 01/03/2015 - 7:44 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Good morning all! In January 2014 I woke up numb on left side of upper body and face/ear area... went to an urgent care Doctor as I did not have a primary. Mri of head was ordered it came beck fine but they saw something odd within the cervical spine... another mri found 2 ruptured disc. .. C 5-6 and c 6-7 ... Had the surgery (first surgery of my life) on friday 2/14/14 And did so well and was back driving and at work on Wednesday 2/19/14... Fast forward to June 2014 and thought I was having a heart attack. .. many test later it is gerd/hernia/esophagitus and tach aria (fast heart rate)... so (2) 40 mg protonix a day and waiting to see if the stomach "calming" down with meds well help. .. no neck pain just stiffness at times so without typing a book. .. went from no medical issues... not even a primary doctor... to then 2 ruptured disc, acdf surgery, thought I had great recovery and then now stomach issues and heart resting rate at 136 at times. .. so any thoughts anyone?

• I was diagnosed with cervical myelopathy, with contusion on the cord, and had surgery pretty quick, a 3 level ACDF with corpectomy. Before, and still, I have an issue with tachycardia, although it comes and goes. My heart rate and my first doc visit was 120, and then my heart rate never went below 120/130 with my surgery, which is unusual when you have pretty strong drugs on board. I wondered if it has anything to do with the compression.
    I also have poor appetite on my bad myelopathy days, but true stomach/GERD issues. I've lost about 10 lbs in the last month, which is bizarrely unusual for me, I am such a stress eater.

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016