Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Should I request an updated MRI?

history: compression fracture of L1 when I was 17. (Now 30)

And Have had low backpack ever since. I recently saw a pain management doc who gave me a cortisone shot for the sacroiliac area.. It took a week to work and lasted about a week. Some of the lower pain isn't as bad like in my hip area. But omg do I have really bad pain. He had given me a daily anti inflammatory for 30 days which I have run out of, which took the edge off but it's gradually becoming excruciating where it hurts to sit. He had mentioned I may need another shot if I wanted it.

Going back for a check up on Wednesday. I know my weight is an issue which I am working on but my last MRI is almost 2 years old. The fracture site is still the same on the old picture. Okay in their minds. One of the disc was black but not shrunk then. (Degenerative disc?) More like arthritis is the way he explained.

I have a very heavy 2 year old who I constantly lift. Could I have done something that would warrant more pictures? I really hate MRI's but almost wish I knew where the pain is coming from. They never see anything in the last 12 years. It can't be nothing!!??!!

Thanks for the advice, I'm tired of the pain.